Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ofna ultra lx engine upgrade help

I bought a used ultra lx pro for $15. Has a blown force .25. Looking to replace it. Any suggestions on what motor? And what mounts will I need? It Also has a jp-2 pipe I would like to be able to use on the new motor thanks guys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ofna ultra lx engine upgrade help

i put a dynamite .21 in my lx 1 and love it. i used the same motor mounts and you can use the jp-2 pipe. also the flywheel and clucth and bell works also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stroyick

*I bought a used ultra lx pro for $15. Has a blown force .25. Looking to replace it. Any suggestions on what motor? And what mounts will I need? It Also has a jp-2 pipe I would like to be able to use on the new motor thanks guys
    All depends on your budget and what you plan doing with the bug..You can use the Jp2 on any nitro engine..If and if it were me and I paid 25bucks for your buggy id be looking on my local Craigs or any other f/s threads on diff forums for a just brokin in .21. Alot of peeps are gettingf out of nitro b/c the lipos craze..also there is the almighty fleabay.Just my 2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chris3829

I bought a used ultra lx pro for $15. Has a blown force .25. Looking to replace it. Any suggestions on what motor? And what mounts will I need? It Also has a jp-2 pipe I would like to be able to use on the new motor thanks guys
    All depends on your budget and what you plan doing with the bug..You can use the Jp2 on any nitro engine..If and if it were me and I paid 25bucks for your buggy id be looking on my local Craigs or any other f/s threads on diff forums for a just brokin in .21. Alot of peeps are gettingf out of nitro b/c the lipos craze..also there is the almighty fleabay.Just my 2
    I'm just looking to bash this thing. I can say I do like the price of the .21 dynamite! Not really on a budget, but I don't wanna spend $230 on a motor as I already did for my revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chris3829

*I bought a used ultra lx pro for $15. Has a blown force .25. Looking to replace it. Any suggestions on what motor? And what mounts will I need? It Also has a jp-2 pipe I would like to be able to use on the new motor thanks guys
    I'm just looking to bash this thing. I can say I do like the price of the .21 dynamite! Not really on a budget, but I don't wanna spend $230 on a motor as I already did for my revo

There ya go,you just answered my question..What's your budget?..For just bashing grab a .28 roto,or p/s whatevr is your prefrence. No need for starter box since your just beating it..I would try to buy an engine that has some part support not some cheap pos from tiawan for 50bucks...All goes on how much your willing to spend.http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-Force-2...item589bdabaa8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My OFNA Ultra came with a Force 26. Terrible engine. My OFNA Ravager came with a Force 28. For a budget engine, the 28 is great (although I don't race, so I'm talking bashing here).

Interestingly, when the 26 died, I installed my old Nitrostar 25 from my Savage 25 (I upgraded the Savage engine, so I had the old 25 kicking around). The 25 performs very similar to the Force 28. Not quite, but darned close. That was a big surprise to me as I was used to the 25 powering the heavy Savage.

The Force 28 is available from Nitrohouse for $149, and the Nitrostar 25 from Tower for $154. I don't know if the Force still comes with an all-metal carb, but if it does I'd go with it, especially as it has a bit more power.

These two are just a couple of budget engines I've had good luck with. No doubt there are a lot more. E-bay might yield some better pricing, although I wouldn't want a used one as that's typically someone else's problem that you don't want. Mind you, many people buy an RTR and immediately upgrade the engine and put the unused engine on Ebay.

I'm not really recommending any particular engine other than to say don't overlook the budget engines (often called RTR engines ... LOL). You can get a lot of bang for your buck that way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Argess

My OFNA Ultra came with a Force 26. Terrible engine. My OFNA Ravager came with a Force 28. For a budget engine, the 28 is great (although I don't race, so I'm talking bashing here).

Interestingly, when the 26 died, I installed my old Nitrostar 25 from my Savage 25 (I upgraded the Savage engine, so I had the old 25 kicking around). The 25 performs very similar to the Force 28. Not quite, but darned close. That was a big surprise to me as I was used to the 25 powering the heavy Savage.

The Force 28 is available from Nitrohouse for $149, and the Nitrostar 25 from Tower for $154. I don't know if the Force still comes with an all-metal carb, but if it does I'd go with it, especially as it has a bit more power.

These two are just a couple of budget engines I've had good luck with. No doubt there are a lot more. E-bay might yield some better pricing, although I wouldn't want a used one as that's typically someone else's problem that you don't want. Mind you, many people buy an RTR and immediately upgrade the engine and put the unused engine on Ebay.

I'm not really recommending any particular engine other than to say don't overlook the budget engines (often called RTR engines ... LOL). You can get a lot of bang for your buck that way.

What about a motor mount? Will the mount from the .25 work for the .28 and the hoi mitir??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for my wack link..Type this into ebay-OFNA Force .28 NITRO ENGINE from a LX2 Buggy 28 /Fits LX1 Jammin Truggy X1 X2
    It comes with a plug also!..Im not that seller nor am i affiliated with him ;-)

And the mounts are the same,it will bolt right up!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What about a motor mount? Will the mount from the .25 work for the .28 and the hoi mitir??
    Force engines can have different mounting lug positions fore and aft, however the Nitrostar 25 will fit the OFNA buggy mounts as they are an extrusion where the mounting bolts for the engine can slide back and forth to get the positioning right.

It's the other way that won't work. I can bolt a Force engine to my Savage mount, but it will wind up too far back (or was it forward?...I forget) and the spur and CB won't be in alignment.

Anyway, just check your buggy mounts and make sure the engine can slide fore and aft in them. So the engine slides fore or aft for mesh alignment, and the whole mount slides right or left for gear mesh lash.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Argess

Force engines can have different mounting lug positions fore and aft, however the Nitrostar 25 will fit the OFNA buggy mounts as they are an extrusion where the mounting bolts for the engine can slide back and forth to get the positioning right.

It's the other way that won't work. I can bolt a Force engine to my Savage mount, but it will wind up too far back (or was it forward?...I forget) and the spur and CB won't be in alignment.

Anyway, just check your buggy mounts and make sure the engine can slide fore and aft in them. So the engine slides fore or aft for mesh alignment, and the whole mount slides right or left for gear mesh lash.

Uh m amusing you mean forward and backward when u say "fore or aft" but yes it does. And honestly I'm thinking about the dynamite .21, seeing how I've heard nothing but good things about it, and not so good things about the force 28

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I havn't owned a Dynamite engine, but I hear good things too. And you can't beat the price... $129 !!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...mach-2-DYN0897

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my lx 1 came with the force .28 it was a good motor. i went with the dynamite because of the rules. if not racing get what size you want. the only negitive thing i can say about the force .28 is the fuel economy. the dynamite uses less fuel.