Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Steering is reverse with SB-5 HPI servo

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Steering is reverse with SB-5 HPI servo

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 AM
timmyboy188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering is reverse with SB-5 HPI servo

Hey guys,

I have an HPI Trophy 3.5 RTR, I recently upgraded to the HPI SB-5 steering servo, but now my steering is backwards (turning the wheels forwards used to make it turn right, now it turns it left). I'm sure this is a simple thing to fix, but I'm stumped on how to do it.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Steering is reverse with SB-5 HPI servo

You're looking for the channel reverse function of your transmitter. Possibly a switch on the back of the unit? Still got the manual?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
timmyboy188

I did call HPI and was told about a switch on my transmitter. I cant check until I get home from work. Argggh I wanna go home and bash!

Thanks for the reply!

Tim
Old 03-21-2013, 06:58 PM
JoeMaxx

Once replacing the servo make sure the Radio System was turned on when you hooked up the steering linkage Servo horn or you will not have a centered Servo.

You may have to do some tweaking to get the steering suspension to track straight again.   Reverseing a servo on the Transmitter is not uncommon when replacing them.   Readjusting the linkage to the new servo is very common.  One little spline off makes a huge difference in tracking straight.