Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Go Nitro!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Go Nitro!!!

Guys, I'm telling you this. I'm about to break in my ninth engine and can tell you that nitro rc buggy/truggy is unreal. I LOVE to wrench on these things. If you want to experience an exciting race environment, then race nitro class. The electrics are cool in they can jump like deer, but being with nine other nitro engines all screaming at the start-up is oneof the coolest things to experience and should be on everyone in this hobby's 'RC bucket list'. ;-)

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
JoeMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Go Nitro!!!

Dude you are way too excited LOL I have broke in just about as many Nitro engines as you have. Love the smell and sound than the raw horsepower and torque.

I can relate to Nitros there is nothing like them and not everyone has the patience level to tune them LOL Once you learn how to tune they are much more fun than all the Electrics I have in my collection.

Well lets compare would you rather race a Toyota Prius or a Big Block Corvette. My dibs on are the Corvette LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, there are a lot of nitro heads at our track which is awesome!1/8 nitro buggy is always the "main event".

Isaw my first1/8 electric buggy race last weekened. Man, those thingscan really jump!We tried to appreciate the differences in class.When nitro comes out, it is putting on a show - nitro is in a world of its own!

p.s. Hell yeah I'm excited. This is a great hobby! ;-)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pfff. In the distant future, vehicles propelled by the contained explosions of fossil fuels will be the butt of humor (both real and RC). Enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, I don't mean to sound patronising, nitro has its charms, but wait til you try 1/5th, makes nitro seem very puny.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: Foxy
Pfff. In the distant future, vehicles propelled by the contained explosions of fossil fuels will be the butt of humor (both real and RC). Enjoy it while it lasts.
By the way, I don't mean to sound patronising, nitro has its charms, but wait til you try 1/5th, makes nitro seem very puny.
Bah...I do not see internal combustion will ever be the butt of humour...no more than steam power is now.
The areas in which a 1/5 petrol engined car would make a smaller nitro engined car seem puny, I have no care for...the nitro has a better power/weight ratio.

Go charge some lipos or something and leave the men to talk about engines for a bit eh?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Ttowntoolman

IMO 1/8th scale Nitro IS the king of r/c, and by far the most fun. Racing 1/8th scale is a very intense experiance and by far my favorite. I get all geeked up on race days.......lucky I can even remember to put my pants on.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:50 AM
nitroexpress

It’s true that in the distant future petroleum products will be at a premium or even gone. All the more reason to enjoy the Boom while it’s still around.

Fourth of July with firecrackers and rockets for all. Gone, but not forgotten.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I'd take a Tesla Type S over that BowTie anyday

Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

One' who can afford a Tesla Type s
two' there is no where to charge with limited distance on all electrics. If car manufacturers and politicians weren't in bed with petroleum companies maybe it would be different now. Oil and gas are more valuable in some ways than gold and silver. I see them being like the movie thunderdome at some point. Look at the middle east, we fought a war over it for crap sake.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
nitroexpress

If crude oil supplies aresignificantly reduced, Western civilization would collapse. People tend to think oil = gasoline/diesel. But so much more is produced from crude. If it takes a war, Western countries won't hesitate to fire shots. After all, it's their survivalat stake.

http://www.ranken-energy.com/Product...0Petroleum.htm
Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

IMO 1/8th scale Nitro IS the king of r/c, and by far the most fun. Racing 1/8th scale is a very intense experiance and by far my favorite. I get all geeked up on race days.......lucky I can even remember to put my pants on.
Haha.....I'm with ya there!! Nitro here is still going very strong, longer mains, more excitement....always the crowd favorite.

On the night before race day I have a hard time sleeping Im so excited, been like that for 15 years now, the excitement never goes away for most of us, when it does it'll be time to give it up.......yeah, thats not gonna happen [>:]
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Anybody with a middle class income has a real shot at affording one, at a hair under $50k, it's not like it's much more unachievable than any other brand new vehicle. I won't respond to the RCU-illegal politics of your post, but let's just say good job blowing something out of proportion and running the opposite direction with it. I said I like the car, and I'd take it over a played out plastic Chevy, mmmmmk? Chill, son.

Forgot to mention, it has a range of 300 miles, it's very rare I'll ever drive further than that round trip, and you can plug it into anywhere with a standard clothes dryer plug. Charging stations can be taken with you to hook up elsewhere, and news of a new 45 minute charger coming soon makes it much more user friendly. Combine that, and the price of fuel money saved in the first year alone, and I could buy another brand new one before the old one even thinks about wearing out. Combine that with the cars storage room and pure sex looks? Yea, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, dude.

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

two' there is no where to charge with limited distance on all electrics. If car manufacturers and politicians weren't in bed with petroleum companies maybe it would be different now. Oil and gas are more valuable in some ways than gold and silver. I see them being like the movie thunderdome at some point. Look at the middle east, we fought a war over it for crap sake.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
rccheech

Anybody with a middle class income has a real shot at affording one, at a hair under $50k, it's not like it's much more unachievable than any other brand new vehicle. I won't respond to the RCU-illegal politics of your post, but let's just say good job blowing something out of proportion and running the opposite direction with it. I said I like the car, and I'd take it over a played out plastic Chevy, mmmmmk? Chill, son.

Forgot to mention, it has a range of 300 miles, it's very rare I'll ever drive further than that round trip, and you can plug it into anywhere with a standard clothes dryer plug. Charging stations can be taken with you to hook up elsewhere, and news of a new 45 minute charger coming soon makes it much more user friendly. Combine that, and the price of fuel money saved in the first year alone, and I could buy another brand new one before the old one even thinks about wearing out. Combine that with the cars storage room and pure sex looks? Yea, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, dude.

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

Any car you get nowadays is a played out piece of plastic. Any of the big three, and all imports . I've been in the auto repair industry for 18 years now, I've seen all kinds of junk from all ends, very few are made good enough for me to want brand new. Especially the electric vehicles and hybrids.....no thanks, it'll be a long time coming before they get the bugs out of those things.

Anyways, back to topic.....whos ready for some outdoor nitro action!!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 PM
JoeMaxx

When I was out playing at the track this past Fall this dude came by with 3 HPI Baja1/5 Scales. That was some serous coin this guy put into these. One Gas Buggy, an Electirc Buggy and a GasTruck. They hauled some serious butt around the track. Our track is fairly large and it made the track look small when he ran them. I can run around a40 second lap and he was lapping my Revo. Only the 1/8 Scales Nitro and Electric Truggies and buggiesgenerally out lap me. I blow away all these newer 1/10 scale short course truck with my Revo and Tmaxx. Not sure why they became so popular they do not handle that great with the thin tires and jump that high or long like the Monster Trucks, Truggies and Buggies.

The distant future is not that far off. The Brushless motors have taken over a large part of the market. Mostly what I see running is brushless motors these days when I go out to play. Only us hard core Nitro fans run them and we are out numbered.The track I play at cannot sanction races anymore because they built it on public land. The town says they cannot charge people to run at it.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
lez1troubles

Nitro all the way, its here to stay and electric will go away in a puff of lipo fire.lol
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
ejc34710

You can have my glow plug heater when you pry it from my cold, dead hands....
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

And I would rather drink my fuel than charge batteries for my brushless motor for an 8th scale..
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
nitroexpress

My IMAXB6 chargers were all I needed for receiver packs and 2S LiPo's, but they don't cut it for 4S packs. Run for 15 minutes and charge for 90 minutes.

Nitro rules, flashlights drool.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM
rccheech

Lipo fires suck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77105.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1870125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58207.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1870126  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Hahahaha, that should be your sig. You better use it because if not, I will.

Im a big fan of nitro and got off it for a while but only because I started running the gassers and now Im back at it. If youre bashing, theres nothing like a gasser. A track setting is a bit different.