Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/8 Nitro Aftermarket Link Setup

I don't like link setup for my Mugen MBX6R. Won't go into gory details, but the actuaters are not smooth. I have a way to account for this (I believe) but simply thinking to replace the whole setup as that is the one component that must work.

Thinking of using this product to fix - has anyone upgraded their link system?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ke-Linkage-Set

I am still a newbie when it comes to 1/8 nitro - but I have worked a lot with linkages.....this one sucks.

Mugen MBX6R, HB D8T, Losi 8 2.0, Savage X 4.6, Losi 810, Hyper 7, Exceed Forza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroRCNerds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1/8 Nitro Aftermarket Link Setup

I have changed several vehicles using the Dynamitelinkage. I don't use the spring. Prefer a dedicated throttle return rubber band.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To follow up, I solved the issue by getting a Dynamite alum horn with a 3mm hole on one side and a 2mm hole on the other. The actuators are smoth now.

To thank end....My D8T's OS .25 is reving a bit high (not enough to engage the clutch) when I let go of the throttle, but willlower to the RPM I wantit at whenaftter applying the brakes.

I'm fairlycertainthethrottlelinkage is not returning the carb to the correct idle gap.Imagine lookingin the venturi, you see a .08mm gap. When I apply the throttle it returnsit to 1.00mm. When I apply the brakes, itgoes back to .08mm. I've not validate this with the eyeball test, but again this seems to be the first thing to check.

Assuming this is the case, what's the bestmethod to adjusting it? More spring tension? The carb is to it's fullest close position when I attach the throttle ball to it. At some point there must be a balance between return tension andpull tension, correct?As much as it gives me tired head, I'm learning that proper link setup is critical to how your vehicle runs.

Mugen MBX6R, HB D8T, Losi 8 2.0, Savage X 4.6, Losi 810, Hyper 7, Exceed Forza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroRCNerds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Either the EPA on the radio need to be adjusted or more spring tension on the return.
    ((((((((MARSHALL!!!!)))))))

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi i am using that setup on my TTR eb4s2 and i had to bend the lower brake rod a little to get it to stop draggin on my center brace. They work Ok but I havent driving that car much since I got my Jammin X1. Amain also sells the throttle return springs from Dynamite. I bought them over at Mikes hobby shop in PORTER TX for $2.50 awhile back and they are real easy to install. Michael J