Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

looking to start racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM
xiixantiheroxiix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to start racing

Lookin to start racing guys wanna go with an 1/8 scale buggy... my question is does anyone have experiance with the hyper 7 or ofna ultra lx.. I have a small budget of about 350 for a vehicle and there for can't go too big... I realize this is prolly way under budget to make a good run at it. But for right now its just something for me and my dad to spend some time together doing something.. I've seen many buggys that are cheaper but I'm not sure of there quality... maybe someone can point me in the right direction.. It has to be nitro really not into electrics... not looking to be the next adam drake.. just looking to have fun
Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 PM
rccheech

Default RE: looking to start racing

You could race either one, the hyper 7 has tons of parts availability. It's mostly driver...not car, youll be fine, just go out and have a good time with whatever you get.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
xiixantiheroxiix

Thanks... was also looking at the duratrax 835b they have that part replaceement thing... I was gonna go with a losi 810 but they don't make them anymore.. and I cant find a new one any where... I'm thinking the hyper 7 may be the way to go because the have a lot of hopups and plenty of room for growth where as the duratrax doesn't seem to have the support
Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
rccheech

The hyper 7 is gonna be the better choice, exactly how you explained it!!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM
xiixantiheroxiix

yeahh that's what I'm going with. Nownif only I cam sell my tmaxx I'd be set... nobody seems to be intersted... I have it on thearket uere and the draxxas forums.. but so far nothing... looks like I may have to do it the hard way and save up for it... tho with all my bills idk if I can afford that lol