Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Strange RC8.2e Problem, Help!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 AM
BlueBorderRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange RC8.2e Problem, Help!

RC8.2e RTR stock. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way threw the 4s 5000mah lipo the buggy will loose signal, the fail safe will ignitiate and the car will stop. I usually cut it off including the transmitter then turn everything back on and it runs fine for the rest of the battery. Ive been walking up to it before when this happened and heard the esc beep and pick back up the bind. Also I don't know if it's coincidence or a timing thing but nine times out of ten it happens in the exact same spot on the track, inside berm after a big double. I thought maybe it's a series of brake and throttle action in that technical section that throws the esc off and looses signal. I don't know. It's weird. I have rebinded the transmitter to receiver, set the fail safe & set the lipo cutoff. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the problem?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26587.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1902979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41479.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1902980  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Strange RC8.2e Problem, Help!

I'm calling either; bad internal BEC in the ESC, or bad receiver. I mention the BEC just because they are notoriously bad and it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be the problem, but the symptoms are more indicative of a bad receiver. Do you have another radio set you can temporarily swap in to identify if this is the issue or not? Does it always happen after the car has been running for a while?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:48 AM
BlueBorderRC

Hi hows it going? No I don't have another transmitter to try. I did try another battery in the car and nothing ever happened. Im thinking it has something to do with the battery.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 AM
BlueBorderRC

I take that back, my apologies. The buggy is trying to loose signal today even with the new battery so it's probably not the battery.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't have any other RCs you can swap the transmitter and receiver out of temporarily? Hm, that's going to make diagnosis tough. Try a glitch buster cap first, if you still have problems, get a new radio set (or try a new receiver first).
Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 PM
BlueBorderRC

Well I talked to Team Associated today about this same issue. Yes I been dealing with the car loosing signal and fail safeing every battery pack this whole time but I cant take it any more. They said it's the transmitter or the receiver to send it back to them and they'll replace it or repair it. Switching subjects a little bit, don't ever buy any thing with CRC on it! The $99 4s lipo Im using puffed the first time. The second one they sent me balance lead broke. The third one came with a broke balance lead (sounds like they sent me back the second one). Any way it's going back too, so Im down for 3 weeks again. Im pretty bummed out, I need a couple spare rc cars so I have less down time waiting on cheap parts to be returned to me.