Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

ae rc8.2 rtr or ofna hyper 7 tq rtr for strictly bashing

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ae rc8.2 rtr or ofna hyper 7 tq rtr for strictly bashing

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:15 PM
shaggy235

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ae rc8.2 rtr or ofna hyper 7 tq rtr for strictly bashing

hi, I am in the market for a 1 8 scale nitro buggy and I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on deciding which one to buy. I was wonderingis the RC8.2 just good for racing or would it be worth bashing. I don't plan on racing because there is no track anywhere near where I live. my LHS does not carry any of those brands they only carry traxxas and a few losi micro vehicles. I have been seeing Ofna buggies at decent prices online I don't know anything about that brand but for the price I am curious about them. I am very familiar with Team Associated and saw the RC 8 and it struck my attention. I would hate to spend a lot of money on something that is not durable being that I would have to order parts off line because of no local support but I don't want to get something that will tear up too easy. Any info would be greatly appreciated about those buggies. I own an hpi savage 4.6, rc10gt, and a losi mini 8ight... I have always wanted a good nitro 1 8 scale buggy. I would mainly run it in parking lots, in my yard on low cut grass, and some areas around town that have dirt to ride on with small hills to jump. the Savage is so top heavy it does not handle very well when I do try to run it around a little but it handles big air jump very well. I'm wanting a buggy for better handling when I am riding in parking lot and are on dirt. So like I say any info would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:52 PM
shaggy235

Or what about the kyosho mp9 rtr...just need some advice. Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 04:37 PM
nitroexpress

OFNA Hyper SS RTR
http://www.amain.com/OFNA-Hyper-SS-R...FSpk7AodhX8AcA

AE is good, but for bashing not worth the added $150

Last edited by nitroexpress; 10-26-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:20 PM
shaggy235

What is the difference between the hyper ss and hyper 7 tq
Old 10-27-2014, 01:31 PM
nitroexpress

The Hyper 7 TQ came in a number of different versions. TQ sport, TQ Black, etc. The SS is the newest version and one would expect it to be improved. If nothing else, the shocks are larger.

This was posted on another thread. Can't vouch for the accuracy.

Body is styled different and wing also
lighter weight flywheel and spur
larger clutch bell
17mm big bore shocks, tq has 14 mm
exact same engine the macstar. 28
same looking tires and wheels
slightly larger fuel tank
Old 10-27-2014, 07:22 PM
shaggy235

Sounds like the hyper ss would be perfect for my bashing needs. I have been trying to decide if I really want nitro or electric. I did nothing but nitro until the beginning of this year when I bought a losi mini 8ight to toy with. It's fun and I see how fast electrics can go with different batteries and all. I also have a good lipo charger. I just don't know if I really need that much speed for the bashing I will be doing, and them lipo batteries can get expensive along with needing more than one (just 1 would be boring). I'm sure this nitro buggy would be plenty fast for my needs. I assume this buggy would be faster than my savage. I also am not too sure the benefits of electric vs. Nitro. I'm sure that subject could go one way or the other depending on personal preference Thanks for the help

Last edited by shaggy235; 10-27-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:21 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

omg don't get everyone started on nitro vs electric, you will get some heated debates going.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:37 PM
neil.jb

What about a truggy for bashing? Best of all worlds.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Tmtporthole

Hey truggy is a great way to go. I rip my yard up. Never get stuck. Except the tires on my OFNA Nexx8T sound like someone squeezing a pop bottle at high speeds. Try the Hong Nor brand.... I like mine