Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Help me build my OFNA 1/8 Roller!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 09:12 PM
cjtheo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me build my OFNA 1/8 Roller!

I have zero experience with RC but after doing research I want a 1/8 electric buggy.

I was deciding between a RC 8.2e Kit or the OFNA 80% complete Ultra LX2e buggy and decided I would go with the 80% roller because of my 600$ budget.
(I would go with the RC 8.2e if someone could help me choose which electronics and keep it at a 600$ budget.)

So I know I am pretty dead set on the OFNA 1/8 Roller but I just have no clue what electronics I should get...
I know I want a 2200kv motor but no clue which one. The rest I don't have a clue. So any help listing products and the website would be great!!!

**I also have no clue what tools I need? Do I need a solder gun? Will there be directions for everything or will I have to find a tutorial online? Thanks
Old 02-18-2015, 06:08 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are a first time RC person why would you go for a Kit like this when there are so many great RTR models out there. If you just like to build then it makes sense but even with an RTR you have to rip it down and make sure to locktyte all the screws. I would go with the Hyper 7 or SS
Old 02-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Photomatt32

Originally Posted by cjtheo
I have zero experience with RC but after doing research I want a 1/8 electric buggy.

I was deciding between a RC 8.2e Kit or the OFNA 80% complete Ultra LX2e buggy and decided I would go with the 80% roller because of my 600$ budget.
(I would go with the RC 8.2e if someone could help me choose which electronics and keep it at a 600$ budget.)

So I know I am pretty dead set on the OFNA 1/8 Roller but I just have no clue what electronics I should get...
I know I want a 2200kv motor but no clue which one. The rest I don't have a clue. So any help listing products and the website would be great!!!

**I also have no clue what tools I need? Do I need a solder gun? Will there be directions for everything or will I have to find a tutorial online? Thanks
I built one of these last summer and they are a blast. I don't think you need to tear the whole thing apart and loctite it. If you aren't willing to do a lot of fixing and tweaking then I would go for a RTR. If you are willing to do that I would reccomend a Tacon 2150kv, a 150a xerun exc, a bluebird servo, whatever 4s lipo you want, and whatever reciever you want.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m802-4074-2150kv.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-150a-sd.html
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...7sec_52g_.html

I used all of these parts except for the motor. I used a Castle Creations 2200kv motor. If you want to see some pictures let me know! You can't go wrong with this buggy.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Photomatt32

Originally Posted by cjtheo

You will need a solder gun for the battery connectors and the bullet connectors for the motor. It does come with a pretty good manual that is easy to follow.