Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

motor swapping ecx revenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:43 AM
95kinsrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor swapping ecx revenge

Hi, I have a ecx revenge that I'm interested in swapping in a bigger motor but I want something that is a direct drop in, I don't want to mess around with fitment. It's currently got a dynamite .21 in it and I was looking upwards to a .28, what do you guys think?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:18 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi 95kinsrk ,so you want to go faster change the motor to a more rpm and hp in .21size motor , and clutch bell with more teeth 15 t -16t
look in to various manufactures motors novarossi , werks engines , os engines , RB , Reds , you will see the difference from the dynimite
,21 motor , these have more ports in motor and are really fast , they spool up that rpm faster, also change the exhaust pipe too for a tuner pipe to match the motor some what ok, yep have mine set up for bottom end torque , good luck in your search
Old 04-24-2015, 12:29 PM
95kinsrk

Awesome, I will look into those thanks.
I'm looking for lots of low end torque also, we built a track at my buddies and some of the jumps I have a harder time with getting up to speed to clear them, he's got a team associated with a .28 that's why I was looking at going bigger
Old 04-24-2015, 12:41 PM
mugeyman

95kisrk ok i m using werks engines try a 13 tooth clutch bell more for bottom end torque too, great for launch but not top end by time you get up to speed ,its time to make a left to right hand turn jeez hope i helped you
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 PM
95kinsrk

I notice the difference big time already with the 13t clutch bell but I'm having tuning issues, it seems to bog and delay when I give it throttle then picks up, so out of a corner and into a jump I'm struggling a lot. I've played with both high and low end needles but I can't seem to get rid of that delay
Old 04-27-2015, 02:24 PM
mugeyman

95kinsrk yes you have retune it sounds like to much fuel bogging down lean hsn in also check for leaks too and see if hsn ans Lsn do not move
after jumps vibrations can some times change your settings see rob paris nitro tuning problem and causes in nitro engine section ok