Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

rb .21 please help figure out what pullstart and one way bearing i need! please help

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

rb .21 please help figure out what pullstart and one way bearing i need! please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Stackz845

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rb .21 please help figure out what pullstart and one way bearing i need! please help

i have a RB Products RB One RTR 1/8 Scale Nitro Buggy w/Pull Start it has a RB .21 Engine...i cannot figure out what pullstart and one way bearing i need to fit on this buggy please help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RB-One-V2-RTR-Xmas-Edition22.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2092069   Click image for larger version

Name:	rbde01012-rtrps_3.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	2092070  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:44 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

stacks845 you should check RB products website they might have what you need it will be for .21 engines and one way bearing sometimes
O.S. engines might work when i had trouble with those pullstarts cord broke , spring broke one way bearing would not work , i switched to a starter box especially for the replacement parts you might consider a starter box try and ofna offroad starter box or ebay their not to bad in price
ok hope i helped you
Old 04-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Stackz845

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i get a starter box for my viehicles what would i need to cover up the shaft that the one way bearing would usally go on ?
Old 04-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go with a starter box there's a simple solution. Take the pull start off the engine. Take all the guts out of it. Now plug the hole in the pull start housing where the pull cord came out with a dab of RTV silicone, the appropriate size screw or whatever else you have handy. Then reinstall the pull start housing and you won't have to worry about dirt or anything getting to the shaft.

If if you really want to you can take the backplate off the engine and remove the one way bearing shaft. But now the backplate has a hole that must be sealed and there aren't any products I know of that won't dissolve in nitro and seal the hole. You could buy a bump only backplate for the engine but sealing the hole in the pull start is cheaper. The amount of weight you save removing the one way shaft and changing the backplate has a hardly noticeable performance benefit but it's your call.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:41 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

maj over drive , we use totake the pull start off and bearing put on a non pull start back plate with alittle silacone gasket sealer ( orange color stuff ) to sealback plate and then use starter box.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mugeyman
maj over drive , we use totake the pull start off and bearing put on a non pull start back plate with alittle silacone gasket sealer ( orange color stuff ) to sealback plate and then use starter box.
I did mention changing to a bump only / non pullstart backplate as well, but I should've mentioned this is also the best option. It's the best option only because it eliminates the chance of an air leak where the starter shaft goes through the backplate. It costs $ though so I gave the no cost option of gutting the pullstart housing and leaving the starter shaft and existing backplate as well.

I'm aware the orange silicone is the one to use for nitro but thanks for bringing it up in case anyone needs the info. I wouldn't trust it to seal the hole left by the starter shaft in the pullstart backplate though and that's what I meant by no products available. So if my gutting the pullstart housing idea isn't good enough and the OP wants to get rid of the starter shaft they need to replace the backplate with a non pullstart backplate.