Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

help? steering servo issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:53 PM
95kinsrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help? steering servo issues

I'm having issues turning left(won't go to full lock) and when I turn either way it won't retract to the center.. I replaced the servo and am still having the same issue, I made sure the bearings and everything for steering aren't binding up because the servo is constantly humming and sounds like it's fighting to turn. Also tried changing the power switch thinking it was something electrical but that's not the issue as it continued so I put a nickel battery pack in and again nothing changed so I'm at a stand still with my trouble shooting I have no idea what is causing my problems as I tried putting another brand new servo in and it still hummed like it was fighting itself.
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Guff15

Have you checked your transmitter to see if any settings have been changed inadvertently? Setting an endpoint past what the servo can handle could cause this issue. A constantly humming servo is not good and will eventually burn it up.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:15 PM
95kinsrk

Burning out the servo is my concern, I just switched to a spektrum dx4c and the reciever has avc.. I went through all my settings and made sure they were all zeroed, I even turned the avc off on the remote and made sure all its settings were zero... the humming went away momentarily but came back.
The throttle servo was also pulsating and when I was holding the brake it would release by itself and either take off or just slide into neutral and I would notice it roll.. I'm beginning to think the reciever itself is pooched
Old 05-08-2015, 03:34 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

What servo is being used? Is the servo from a RTR buggy?
Old 06-09-2015, 08:55 PM
gigadiablo

Im having the same problem with my trophy flux buggy! can you pop it so it does? btw if thats not it try setting your trim to the middle and remove the servo arm from the servo then turn the remote and car on then put the servo arm back on in the middle so you do not have not to adjust the trim. if thats not it then its the hub carriers
Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 AM
95kinsrk

I figured out the issue, it was the servos, the avc needs digital servos and I was running the original rtr servos... thanks for all your help guys