Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Problems with Servo

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 05:22 AM
JDM55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Servo

Hi guys

I'm quite new in this thing and have played around with my Turnigy Nitro Rumble 1/8th only couple of times But at some random point servo turned wheels left and then freezes.

If I remove the screw that is linked with wheels, servo starts working again, I can turn it left and right, but the second I put the screw back servo turns wheels back to left and doesn't work anymore.

Hope someone knows what to do! If my explanation is too confusing, I can make a video
Old 12-25-2015, 11:36 AM
jameskl

You need to check your end point adjustments for your radio gear.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:22 AM
JDM55

Hi, thanks for your answer. It doesn't seem to be the issue. I tried to adjust it one way and then the other way and the result was still the same.
I made 2 videos (sorry for the bad quality)

In video 1 I have connected servo to the wheels. If I turn servo on, everything is okay but when I try to turn the wheels then it turns wheels to the left and then gets frozen.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B45DiDhy0OldSkdzRWlHT1NEalU Second video I have disconnected wheels from servo. Now servo works fine. But when I start to pull it, then it locks/frozes again.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B45DiDhy0Olddlo5TU0xZ3Q4QTg

Last edited by JDM55; 12-26-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:20 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

That second video...you still have power to the servo, and you are able to easily move the linkage/horn? That's not quite right.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-26-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:27 AM
JDM55

When the power is on then I can't move linkage/horn. Then servo fights back. Because I don't push it, I am pulling it. If I push it then servo pushes back to the center. But when I pull it then servo pulls back but not to the center but to the end and then freezes. If I release horn before it goes to the end, servo will turn back to center. But when I still pull it then it will go to the end point and freezes.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:10 AM
jameskl

Do you have another servo you can try if not may get yourself a spare .
Old 12-27-2015, 04:22 AM
RustyUs

I like to have a spare servo around just for instances like this. Sometimes this is not an option. I had servos in the past that would jitter; twitch and jerk, but nothing like what you are experiencing. Just to amuse myself when dealing with servo issues, I normally switch the servo's plugs (in my case the ESC and steering servo) on the receiver's channels. I then operate the steering with the trigger of transmitter; control the throttle (ESC) using the transmitter's steering wheel. I do this normally when I have a servo that's not moving at all. In your case I'd say the servo is "toast" by not tracking back to center. If the servo is relatively new, then I'd see about possibly getting a replacement.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:46 AM
RustyUs

I'm assuming the servo in question is the stock RTR servo that came with the buggy, as I see no markings to identify it. One of my peeves in this hobby is RTR servos. Too many times have I (many others also) seen/heard servos only lasting a short time in a RTR platform. It's sad, I know. From all the years of seeing this type of let down, I now just automatically tell myself the steering servo will be one of the first things needing replacement on a ready-to-run.

For this very reason I don't purchase RTRs. Over the years I've considered many 1/8 scale buggies, or SC trucks that are only offered in RTR packages. Then I weigh in the factor what I don't like in a RC that is already built for the hobbyist...too much plastic (shocks), steering servos, and the generic transmitters. There are some manufacturers that put together better packages than others, and then you have some companies teaming up with another company to put together crazy good combos, but in general they all try to keep the price low enough to lure one into the addiction...which is great.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-27-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:43 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

are you using a horn that has too many teeth therefore is allowed to move on the servo?
Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 AM
JDM55

Hi Guys
I finally sent this information back to the manufacturer and they confirmed that servo is not working. But since it was quite new they sent me a new one. Haven't received it yet but at least it's coming
Thanks for all your help. Probably I will buy a new a better servo in the near future as well.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear you got it cleared up. Most manufacturers are good at honoring their warranties .