Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

need your guy's help and opinion on a buggy

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

need your guy's help and opinion on a buggy

Old 02-05-2016, 06:36 PM
countryboi254

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your guy's help and opinion on a buggy

hey guys!!! im jesse from TX to start. im getting back into nitro rc life after a few years i couldnt due to finances, i really want to get a buggy to start and work my way into actually racing with some good practice. ok so, at my local racetrack / hobby shop i found a Agama A8 Evo race kit for under $400 im looking at and i did some research and there is both love and hate for this buggy , a lot of love though, is this a good buggy? should i get it? what rx/tx should i get? servos? engine/pipe combo? upgrades? pre- break-in things to do?

Or... should i order the Losi 8ight dynamite .31 gas/petrol RTR buggy kit i found on ebay for $400 and then just swap out the gas .31 engine/pipe/tank for nitro engine/pipe/tank instead?

thanks a lot guys , all input is greatly appreciated

other buugy / kit suggestions are welcome to.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:19 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

The Agama is a fine choice. Their brand is almost like OFNA; not many people have heard of them, but they are good and sometimes bashed by racers because its "basher level" quality, which is just total crap. The Agama should be fine for everything including racing.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I'd rather stay a little more mainstream with a Losi or Mugen than go Agama, The Car, etc. Not that they're bad but with a company like Losi or Mugen you know the parts are going to be there and from a wider variety of sources. If your lhs stocks Agama though then it's that's not as much of an issue.

I habent looked i to the 8ight .31 gas buggy much but seem to remember reading it being 2.0 spec or a hybrid of 2.0 and 3.0. Either way the 2.0 and 3.0 race kits have some better parts like the shock towers. I'd go online and have a look at the parts lists and compare them to see exactly what spec parts you're getting with the .31 buggy. Either way it's going to be a capable buggy and upgradable to full 3.0 race spec if wanted. I'd also have a look and see what the Dynamite engine and it's other components are going for. These engines don't have the best rep in the LST XXL2 and I don't know what the market is like for them.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:52 PM
countryboi254

Thanks for your info guys, I'm still thinking about getting the agama, my lhs doesn't carry parts for it but have found them online, I may still get it later because I want to build a kit buggy, but my friend is giving me a great price on a associated rc8.2 rs buggy that is basically brand new except break in and tune, it's the rtr kit but with a few upgrades can be race worthy. And another friend has 2 ofna buggies with extra parts that run, Idk which model they are but Idk if I want those to or just pass on them..
Old 04-14-2016, 07:29 PM
mazpr

You are looking for a good deal, rtr, ofna and race worthy...

Its not gonna happen