Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Please advice on nitro 1\8 buggy kit (no RTR)

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Please advice on nitro 1\8 buggy kit (no RTR)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Onishuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please advice on nitro 1\8 buggy kit (no RTR)

I'm looking for kits that you assemble from scratch rather than a RTR (But kits that have everything including the engine and servos and esc) and I find it difficult to find any.
I Swear i've gone over all the options from like 18 manufacturers and just cant decide.

My top contender right now is the JQ "The car" 1\8 buggy kit that can be found for a rather suspicious low price of around 300$ , as it's relatively cheap and offers savox servos and a biffy motor and looks good.

I could settle for a RTR if there is no kit version available and it's a good deal.

so basically i require help on deciding on a 1\8 buggy for 90% bashing (loose dirt and asphalt, no heavy terrain) 10% racing.
- would appreciate it being a kit rather than a RTR.
- availability of parts and upgrades.
- less then 500$.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:31 PM
bowljk

Your best bang for the buck is going to be the Kyosho MP9 TKI3 RS. can be had for about $499.00 US. Some places even cheaper if you shop around. The Kyosho NEO 2.0 is also a good buy at $329.00. Both are RTR but they are both very upgradeable and good cars. Parts are readily avail for both. The TKI3 can be basically dropped on the track out of the box after engine break in. It's that solid of a car.

Disclaimer: This is just a matter of opinion and as opinions are like stink holes, everyone has their own. It is simply based on experience.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:29 AM
simpliciter

**** RTR. Check on intech they make a 1/8 buggy kit without the engine but .21 engines aren't too expensive to add on.
http://www.dialedhobbies.com/intech-racing-kits.html
Old 07-15-2016, 11:38 AM
The Saylors

I don't think i have seen kits like that in quite sometime. Your option is to get an rtr and upgrade or get a roller kit and buy the electronics. I know it's not what you want to hear but that's all that's available nowadays.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:04 PM
simpliciter

HPI Makes a kit of the Savage XX monster truck that DOES come with the engine for like $400. I'm salivating over it because I'm obsessed with old school kits and it's one of the very few left. It's supposed to come back in stock sometime in the next few months.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:59 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi onishuk the way to go is the kyosho mp9tki 3 or tki4 new mugen mbx7,tekno nb48.3,losi 3.0
and a few more other good manufactures of r/c 1/8 scale buggies ,these are the most popular i mentioned and the kyosho is 7 or 8 time world champion you cant not go wrong these models
plus they are very good for racing and bashing too and plenty of parts are available on line too
most of the top stuff you build does not include nitro motors servos and electronics . you can order the size , type and hp 2 or 3 horse power motors , you also need good servos with 150 oz of torque or more to hold up under bashing on loose dirt , grass and asphalt and hard dirt or clay for racing .
yes kyosho mp9 tki3 rtr is great for bashing and racing too ,see the rc buggy manufactures put their
models thru their paces on youtube videos ,that might help your make a choice ok mugey

Last edited by mugeyman; 07-16-2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: add more words