Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Newbie, what do I need to buy to finish an Associated 1/8 RC8B3e Team 4WD Buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Newbie, what do I need to buy to finish an Associated 1/8 RC8B3e Team 4WD Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:46 PM
wbq7311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, what do I need to buy to finish an Associated 1/8 RC8B3e Team 4WD Buggy?

Hi everyone, I know nothing about RC but I want to buy an Associated 1/8 RC8B3e Team 4WD Buggy for my husband as a surprise gift.

I find this kit on Amazon (Associated RC8B3e Team Kit ASC80916):
https://www.amazon.com/Associated-RC...ds=RC8B3e+tyre

However, seems I have to buy other requires:
  • Radio: 2-channel with high-torque steering servo
  • Motor & ESC: Brushless type for 1/8 scale buggies
  • Battery: 4S LiPo Battery Charger: To match selected battery
  • Wheels and Tires: 1/8 scale buggy
  • LiPo charging bag, glue, tools
  • Polycarbonate safe spray or brush-on paint
Then I totally lost...
Could you guys help to suggest:
1. What are the best choices of these stuff (brand and model)? The popular choices is enough, not the most expensive ones :-)
2. Is there any popular website to purchase these stuff?
3. What's the estimate total price to get the car run? I just want to be prepared...

Thanks a lot!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

First off, will he be racing the buggy?

This would be one of my top picks for motor and ESC https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020405/p520596

I'd look at getting the majority of the stuff from Tower Hobbies. This is because they have coupons to use and will knock off a big chunk of change. AMain Performance Hobbies will be another top runner up for getting the goods.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-08-2016 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 AM
wbq7311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
First off, will he be racing the buggy?

This would be one of my top picks for motor and ESC https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020405/p520596

I'd look at getting the majority of the stuff from Tower Hobbies. This is because they have coupons to use and will knock off a big chunk of change. AMain Performance Hobbies will be another top runner up for getting the goods.
Thanks a lot! I don't think he will racing the buggy in the near future, just for fun :-)
Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi wbq 7311 , you can also look into nitro ready to run (rtr ) kyosho mp9 tki3 nitro $500 and some electric buggies , losi eight 3 and 4 ,, mugen mbx 7 see and a few more ,see some of the these rc buggies and truggies in action on youtube from the various manufactures when you make your final decision. ok
mugey