Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Parts failure

Old 03-09-2017, 07:23 AM
XtremeJDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Parts failure

So a buddy of mine and myself are running mp9 tki3's and he's having problems with the universal shafts visibly twisting @ 90° and breaking as well as the outdrives wearing quickly and at this point my outdrives are worn badly with less than a gallon through it with the ke21r including a handful of tanks on a werks b5. Some of the other guys at the track are running multiple seasons with no wear (other brands of course).
As far as the universals I'd assume just finding another "beefier" brand the same size (anyone tryed to verify?) could be the best remedy. As far as the outdrives the tki3 and tki4 including the rtr models use the same part number. Anyone tryed hardening them or found another brand that works?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi extremejdm, you can find the hardened cvds complete for the mp9 tki3 on ebay the seller hkdrpro if this will help those hard launches and landings from the jumps are tough on the out drives too, also clean out the outdrives of dirt , check the diff fluid and bearings in all the differentials too, hope this helped you , ok mugey