Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

TA RC8.2e wobbles all speeds

Old 06-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Mavrik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TA RC8.2e wobbles all speeds

This car is brand new and it wobbles at walking speeds and up, looks like it's turning by itself. I tried adjusting just about everything on a DX4S. AVC makes it even worse. I feel I bought a expensive paperweight. Any suggestions?

This car has a Reedy 1514MG Digital HV Metal Gear Servo, 15kg (529oz)

I just noticed something, I have the AVC turned off, it still working, I put a bind plug in the disable port, AVC is still working. If I turn down the S/R, it only limits travel, AVC still working. Why is the gyro circuit still correcting the steering with it off? This is a DX4S/SRS4210.

Last edited by Mavrik1; 06-21-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:07 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Did the receiver/gyro work in another RC before putting them in the RC8.2e buggy?

The gyro receiver needs to bind with transmitter after putting a second bind plug in the disable port.

The RC8.2e FT kit can not be found anymore, so, I'm assuming you got the RC8.2e RS. I'd stick the stock radio gear back in if this is the case.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Mavrik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RX is brand new, first car I put it in.

Yes, the car was not a kit.

Have you got your RC8.2 running yet?

Last edited by Mavrik1; 06-21-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:47 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Don't give up. Follow the AVC manual to a "T", or put the Spektrum DX4S's other SR410 receiver in the buggy, and forget the AVC for moment. Being that the RC8.2e is a 4wd buggy, I don't see a great need for any "help" from a steering assisted system, but that just me. I often toyed with the thought of using a gyro, and is why I bought a RadioLink RC3S radio that allows me to purchase/use gyro receivers when I'm ready. Even on my 2wd RCs; running on loose track/terrain; I don't want help, and enjoy the fishtailing fun.