Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Wanting to convert Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 from pull to Bump start

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Wanting to convert Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 from pull to Bump start

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 05:19 PM
stevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to convert Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 from pull to Bump start

Just picked up the Ready to run inferno mp9 tki4. It comes with a pull start. The hobby shop said I should be able to use a bump starter with the pull start still installed. Im curious if there are option parts to lower the motor and bring the fly wheel lower out of the chassis for the bump start. Also if I remove the pull start is there a backplate cover I will need. Any help with item number r a link would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:54 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi stevin , the motor that came with the rtr kyosho is a motor made for the kyoshos you probably can use some brand of bump starter but you may have to change the flywheel some have a larger diameter
flywheel so it will be able to hit the rubber wheel on a bump starter ok , the 1/8 scale ofna bump starters are good . , to remove the pull starter , , you have to remove the pull starter , rewind coil with handle
and rope , the one way bearing than you need a new backing plate screws gasket , if they make one for that model nitro engine , or next you can replace motor with a novarossi , werks , alpha , O.S. , RB or other manufactures .21 nitro motors with a new flywheel , clutch bell bearings and a bump starter this is what the racers have ok hope i helped you mugey
Old 12-30-2018, 07:29 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

You can leave the pullstart on the engine and still use a bump box. As Mugeyman said, you just have to ensure the flywheel hits the starter wheel. Just about any bumpbox should work, but you may need to customize the top to properly fit the chassis.

A short video of my custom topped Ofna 10250 box with a Losi 8T 3.0 truggy on top. I used the little chassis tabs from the original box and just put them where they needed to be on the plywood top. I used 1/4” birch plywood (with a walnut border) and some simply 6-32 machine screws and nylon lock nuts. Works perfectly.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 12-30-2018 at 07:33 AM.