Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho nitro runaway help

Old 12-08-2019, 08:10 PM
ItzYeBoyDrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho nitro runaway help

My kyosho ready set would run away after hitting throttle but i can steer while its running away. My battery for servos are a pack of 4 double a bateries. Any help guys?
Old 12-09-2019, 05:43 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Replace the cell holder and AA cells with a 5-cell NiMH pack or a 2-cell LiFE pack, and also replace the switch harness between battery and receiver. LiFE packs are WAY better than NiMH, but either will do the job. LiFE are great packs wot more consistent voltages, so there are much fewer problems.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:32 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

im wondering if there is either a servo failure, adjustment issue, or something given that it can still steer.
while i agree defintely upgrade battery to a 5 cell RX hump pack in place of 4 AAs.

with the vehicle on (not the engine), what happens when you hit the throttle partially? does the throttle open wide and stay? does it just not return? what happens when you hit breaks?
Old 01-05-2020, 05:31 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi boy drew your batteries were failing ,, batteries pack thru the switch to receiver kept servo throttle to carburetor open and kyosho buggy or truggy took off and ran ran away , you can a purchase
and in stall a fail safe system , where the fail safe system moves the throttle servo to just an idle and applies brakes so the buggy or truggy does not take off ,some radios systems have this built into there radios and
receivers together , or you can purchase this on ebay and set it up yourself it come witth instructions ok mugey
Old 01-06-2020, 12:41 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Failsafe are often built into radios these days. To add, failsafe a don’t work if the battery pack becomes disconnected or falls below a safe voltage.