Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 PCR Pro

Old 11-18-2003, 03:41 PM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 PCR Pro

I have been very happy with my Hyper 7 PBS and now I am going for a pro version of the Hyper 7 buggy once my RC collection has sold.

I have been comparing the options of the current Pro kit and the new Pro kit that comes out before Christmas - Is it worth the wait?

http://www.ofna.com/matrix.html <-- is URL to compare the kit options.

It has a lot more options and parts that come with it. So I figure it will have a lot bigger price tag as well. I can get a Pro Kit for less than $450 American dollars shipped and delivered to me. Not sure how much the PCR Pro kit will cost.

Old 11-18-2003, 04:19 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hyper 7 PCR Pro

Hey study, you still selling your stuff on ebay? if so what are the numbers?
Old 11-18-2003, 04:25 PM
studysession

Most of my stuff is gone. The rest I am taking to the track seeing if people there want it. To be honest after the currency exchange and everything else it is cheaper for you to buy in America somewhere than from over seas.

Beside that - had a bad experience selling stuff through RCU - so no offense, just don't want to deal and sell through here at all. It is not my Ebay account anyway. It is my wife's. Have her deal with all that kind of stuff. Just give her an item and description and she does everything else.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:34 PM
studysession

if anyone else has any input on the PCR Pro kit - or where to get the regular Pro kit for cheaper - let me know...
Old 11-19-2003, 10:36 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Keith,
All the guy out west race the Regular Pro version, I've yet to see anyone race the PBS buggy
I don't know if it's because the just like to stay with a proven design or it handles better? (That's what they say). But yu know racer it's either Best one out or it's a P.O.S., not much room in between.

If the rumors I hear are correct and the PCR Pro version has the Made in USA Paul Colman parts, I'm sure it will be very pricey. alos just the fact that it comes with both PBS and C-hub suspension parts will make it expensive.

I'll bet anything the Paul himself runs the C-hub set-up, Why else would the PCR Pro kit come with both parts
Old 11-19-2003, 11:48 AM
studysession

Well talked to OFNA - and it won't have the parts that say PCR. Unless they change their minds. Some of the tech guys at OFNA swear by the C-Hub design because of consistant setup. To much play in the pivot ball.

I am leaning more towards the regular pro kit. But will probably wait until this is released. Figure regular Pro kit will drop in price after the release of this Pro kit. JMO

Here in the UK the PBS is new here. Seems like things are released much later here than in America. Here they have better tracks and take their racing more seriously. I like that it comes with carbon shock towers on the PCR Pro.

Thanks for the input.