Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Getting a Buggy PBS or PCR???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 03:56 PM
nitrofuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a Buggy PBS or PCR???

Well I have spent a couple of weeks shopping around and doing some reading on buggies. I want to get either the OFNA Hyper 7 PBS or PCR. I have looked and read that that are minimal differences between the two. The Differences are listed on this chart at http://www.ofna.com/matrix.html Found a site with a great price on these. www.acehardwarehobbies.com for $440.00 Now i notice most that own these say that they come with pull start engine and also a starter box. All the sites selling this says it comes with non-pull start engine only comes with starter box. Is this something new? I just don't want to get it home and try to start it and come to find out that the starter box will not start it at all. Would like to have pull start option available till it is broken in. So what I'm asking is, which one is better PBS or PCR? Also where can i find one with pull start engine or is there a roto start available for this engine? Also i have already checked with my LHS and he carries lots of parts for Ofna vehicle. Thats why i have chosen to go with the OFNA.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:47 PM
MrSavage

Default RE: Getting a Buggy PBS or PCR???

the pcr is better....well by a little, basically just has the laydown servos for lower cg. the buggy will come with a pullstart too, just a lot of places don't say
Old 01-22-2004, 05:02 PM
lynx the great
My Feedback: (1)

the pcr will have allmost all the PCR parts on it and it is a Pure racing buggy so you would probaly not want to bash it!

it will come with both PBS and c-hub parts
Old 01-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Hummer Man

no the pcr doesn't include any of the pcr parts besides the laydown servo kit!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:53 PM
RessurectionX

HMM... That makes no since why wouldnt the pcr come with any pcr parts? Or do they come with the parts and you have to install them? I know that my PBS came with the laydown servo tray, which by the way was a pain to install without the right tools.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Hummer Man

i thought it would to but it doesn't!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:14 PM
BOWTIE1
My Feedback: (3)

the pcr is no good.... the laydown servo it dont change the c.g that much that u can tell.... and if u ever get t-boaned on that side u take a BIG chance in loesing the t/b servo.....and yes i had the pcr servo tray........and i put the stock servo tray back on the buggy... if u r just bashing it is fine... but if u r racing u can not say u will never get t-boaned on the side!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just my .02 worth..
Old 02-03-2004, 11:42 PM
the imitator

Ya go with the pbs the onle bad thing is the steering servo and its still a problem in the pcr but theres more problems with the pcr the pbs is way better!