Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

How do I quiet down my Storm Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:49 PM
vettespeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I quiet down my Storm Pro?

I recently purchased a GS Strom Pro that has been fully assembled & just barely broken in. It has a RB Concept 1003-S7 engine & Omega Efra 069 pipe. I am new to Nitro RC. How do I quiet down this thing when I want to start it up or rip it around the neighborhood. Thanks a lot, Mike.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: How do I quiet down my Storm Pro?

that RB pipe is one of the quietest on the market. I think you may be out of luck on this one, lol.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
dagass

I agree with Nitro, you're definitely fighting an uphill battle. One thing to check though is the Dynamite 1/8 offroad pipes. They are extremely quiet. Not sure of the overall performance however at the very least, they should get you down to a dull roar !
Old 01-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Mugen Mbx5

A cheap fairly quit pipe is the Duratrash I mean Duratrax Axis pipe. You can get it at towerhobbies. It is a pretty thick and quiet pipe. It is probably the best thing on the Axis.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:27 PM
tpeep

I just don't understand why you would want to quiet that big engine down at all. The louder the better!!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:31 PM
gear head dan

I agree I'm trying to get louder.LOL
Old 01-23-2004, 10:41 PM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You`ll soon PO the the whole street if you go thrashing a 1/8th buggy up and down in front of your house, or in your backyard, they think its a little 2 stroke MX bike ripping around...... while there are no laws against it really(except the running on the public street thing !), lots of un-friendly nieghbours isn`t really a good thing to have ![:-]

Try a XTM or Dynamite pipe, they are quieter to a degree but the performance takes a big hit over somthing like the RB pipe !, and don`t use a exhaust deflector if you are, they seem to make it louder.

For those who really want to be loud, try getting a piece of thin walled brass pipe(LHS sell all different sizes for somthing) a bit bigger than the stinger hole, attatch an inch long piece to your stinger with a bit of exhaust defelctor a the coupling .....and get some ear muff1s lol !

TM
Old 01-24-2004, 01:52 PM
vettespeed

You`ll soon PO the the whole street if you go thrashing a 1/8th buggy up and down in front of your house, or in your backyard, they think its a little 2 stroke MX bike ripping around.
The Machine's got it right. I don't want to permanently quiet down my car, I love all the noise, exhause, power, etc. I just want to quiet down when I'm too lazy to go anywhere and just want to rip it up & down the street for a bit and want to keep good relationships with the neighbors. I don't mind a sacrifice in power when I'm just playing in the neighborhood. Most of my neighbors have 20+ years in age on me & probably don't get the joy out of the screaming 2 stroke like I do. Thanks for all the info guys and keep it coming if you have anything to add. Thanks, Mike.

P.S. I'm new to Nitro RC & a couple replys stated the RB pipe is one of the quietest, the pipe says Omega Efra 069 on the side of it, is this an RB pipe???
Old 01-24-2004, 08:07 PM
maxmod

sry to get off the subject but i am going to buy a storm pro and was wondering how you liked it.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:22 PM
the imitator

At my lhs it has an indoor offroad track and it requires a silent pipe but i dont care unless anyone knows a pipe that wont take away any perfomance.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:40 AM
RobH

ORIGINAL: vettespeed

P.S. I'm new to Nitro RC & a couple replys stated the RB pipe is one of the quietest, the pipe says Omega Efra 069 on the side of it, is this an RB pipe???
I think NA just read it quickly. The RB pipe he's talking about I think is the 086? that's the number right?

The stock storm pipe is super loud. It's one of the loudest out there. I don't know if this is the pipe, you're talkign about, but you can upgrade to a cheap dynomite dual baffle pipe that is much quieter. The RB pipes and their clones are pretty spendy.

My advice to you: run it someplace else. Seriously. The worst thing you can do is tick off your neighbors with your Nitro. If you need to tune it in the street or something that's fine. But if you constantly run up and down the street, it's gonna get old. I'd go find a park or bmx track or a contruction site or something where you have fewer people. Ask the guys that run the quads and the motorcycles where they go.

my two cents,
RobH
Old 02-04-2004, 09:49 AM
fhm101

RB has a 3 chamber pipe that is claimed to cut noise way down. One thing you want to be very careful of though, too much restriction through the pipe. With the engine you have, a restrictive pipe will run the temps through the roof if you are not careful. It will also effect tuning so every time you change pipe you will have to retune. The safest thing to do is not run it on the street if you are worried about upsetting the neighbors. Get an E Maxx for home use and save the buggy for when you can get out to the proper place to run it.