Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

SNOW<SNOW<SNOW<SNOW<WONS

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:21 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SNOW<SNOW<SNOW<SNOW<WONS

Man, we are getting an additional foot of snow at my house per night and another 10 inches tonight, WE ALREADY HAVE 4 FEET ON THE GROUND AHHHHHHHHHH, (great for snowmomobile) but i want to drive ma buggy and there is no possible way, Do they make skis and paddle tires for buggies or just 4 paddle tires,or do i just have to wait?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Model Mania

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SNOW<SNOW<SNOW<SNOW<WONS

I wish i had snow like that here last time it snowed like that was 5 years ago[]
Old 01-28-2004, 06:18 PM
nitroracer20

im in suffolk county and we got a foot of snow! thats alot for us.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:24 PM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proline do a paddle tyre for buggys called the "Slingshot"
its supposed to gice you a pretty mean Rooster tail when you use em on the beach
Old 01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
MassiveMods

the key word here is "modify" take your tyres off and grab a set that are old or worn. buy a bag of tacks and with some areldite or tyre fix evenly punch the tacks through from the inside to the outside of the tyre. you can simply space them one inch apart in a line through the centre of the tyre. make sure you evenly coat the tacks with areldite so they dont come loose, if you get ambitious you can do 2 or 3 rows centre left and right. re glue your tyres on and voila ! another suggestion is to put a cotton sock over the head of your engine to keep it warm. another sugestion is to run a tupe from your pipe and lead it back into the cavity of the vehicle to just under the cooling head. once you warm up it should provide additional heat. n hope my zany ideas work !
Old 01-28-2004, 06:33 PM
MassiveMods

oh and if you get impatient with the areldite use a hot glue gun, just be sure to spray the hot glue straight after fixing with flexolite gas or nitro spray. this will make it harden quickly.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:10 PM
rozzibandit

Hey ozhyper its not getting traction on the snow my prob is there is no place big enough worth driving it at right now around my house thats not covered with 4 feet of snow. My idea is to shovel out a little entrance ramp from my driveway to my yard and use the traction that i havent found + the accelration and speed of the vehicle to stay on top of the snow, Like my snowmobile. Tacs is a good idea for hard packed snow but this is deep fluffy shiat . The snow is so deep that when i was launched off my snowmobile from whaleing the jump built with my plow (at 75 mph to clear my row of pine trees) that i didnt even get hurt, and i cleared the pine trees without my sled LOL w00t. Just a young buck(26) in good shape thats what saved my buttox todayor maybe,nah, god lol pe@ce... be with you lol. Im bored can ya tell
Old 01-28-2004, 07:28 PM
drivercrazy23

lucky I got about .................... oh wait i didnt get any snow. I got my maxx to run on ice one year by putting some short drill/screws through the rims. so they dont move around . I dont know if you could realy get any through a buggy rim. but you could try. the way I did it, it worked pretty well.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:39 PM
lynx the great

just spray a big spot down with a hose
Old 01-29-2004, 01:00 AM
rozzibandit

LOL now that's not a half bad idea, i think... What the hell i'll give it a try in thr mornign this uoght to be interesting. There is literally 4.5 feet of snow on teh ground now and another 12 to 24 inches expected overnight.Maybe i will just tie the buggy on a rope to the back of the snowmobile and tow it around with me LMAO...j\k im tired pe@ce
Old 08-08-2009, 07:24 AM
lez1troubles

last year me and some freindz made a buggy track with the snow, it's great fun and good practice and you can change the look of the track within a few minutes, build huge jumps and bank the corners. Use brightly coloured spray paint to mark the sides of the track. If the snow is soft and fluffy just throw a couple of buckets of water over the track and within a couple of hours it should be pretty solid. 16mm Wood screws through the tyres for tracktion and at least a little bit of control also helps. sometimes I wish it would snow all year round, that's how much fun it is compaired to driving in perfect weather, mostly you'll loose control because your fingers r frozzen, BRRRR, Have fun.;-)
Old 08-08-2009, 09:04 AM
HJJFFFAA

Dude, this thread is 5 years old.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:54 PM
lez1troubles

Dude, with a bit of luck it'll snow again this year.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 PM
ace9213

SNOW!?! Its freaking 98 outside today! lol
Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 PM
lez1troubles

yo Ace dude, your in the USA, go find an injun and tell him to do a snow dance instead of a rain dance.