Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

RTR BUGGIES HOW FAST ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 07:14 PM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTR BUGGIES HOW FAST ??

I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING A BUGGIE I WANT AN RTR AND ONE THAT IS FAST. HOW FAST IS FAST FOR A RTR (MPH) AND WICH ONE SHOULD I GET???
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 PM
nathanstl

Default RE: RTR BUGGIES HOW FAST ??

I think most buggies are in the 35 to 45mph range.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:26 PM
raykessler

If your into paying $1100 SVMcrono makes th RS01 which does about 45, comes with a NovaRossi race engine, and a top notch Airtronics radio.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

wow thats a lot of money
Old 01-30-2004, 02:09 AM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run a Kyosho & a Mugen now But the Crono i used to have was easily the fastest buggy i've ever used[X(]
its really light & goes like stink
just the build quality isn't up there with Kyosho & Mugen etc!
the Crono has won the UK championship for 5 years in a row so they are a proven race winner
i would have another one, but i've got too much money tied up in spares for the other 2 cars
Old 01-30-2004, 07:17 AM
rcblaze

Most RTR's as mentioned above are between 35-45. I have a Hyper 7 PBS and RCCA clocked it at close to 40 mph out the box. It's a nice buggy
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 AM
RaZ_Tx

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....oducts_id=5526 pcr version (lay down servos for lower CG for racing)

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....oducts_id=4149 pbs version (more still race quality but doesnt have the lay down servos)
Old 01-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Hummer Man

is this your first nitro?? The PBS is a great buggy, very fast stock, and handles great. I love mine!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:06 PM
the imitator

u should buy a swift go to happytimehobbies.com the swift is rtr and can go 55 to 60 mph
Old 01-31-2004, 07:14 PM
nitro_D

hey,
the kyosho mp 7.5 was reviewed on this site and he said that it would make 45mph on a straight. and the kyosho is a 6 time world champion(Yuichi Kanai). nearly all the parts are from the kit version. the engine is a standard kyosho GX-21 which is a little bit sluggish but still a good beginner engine. retails bout $500
Old 01-31-2004, 09:09 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: nitro_D

hey,
the kyosho mp 7.5 was reviewed on this site and he said that it would make 45mph on a straight. and the kyosho is a 6 time world champion(Yuichi Kanai). nearly all the parts are from the kit version. the engine is a standard kyosho GX-21 which is a little bit sluggish but still a good beginner engine. retails bout $500

the Mp 7.5 wont go 45, nor top 40. THe fastest RTR out is the PBS. If you want 40+ you need to buy a quality engine.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:14 PM
nathanstl

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

ORIGINAL: nitro_D

hey,

the Mp 7.5 wont go 45, nor top 40. THe fastest RTR out is the PBS. If you want 40+ you need to buy a quality engine.
Xtreme RC Cars Magazine's Febuary test of the 9.5 Violator RTR shows a top speed of 41.7mph!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:49 PM
psychochicken001

The Swift doesn't hit 55. Trust me, I've seen a couple run. My Storm with an RG is slightly faster than a stock swift, but in a race, it'll beat it by a long shot. Props to the stock radio on the Swift, though.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:50 PM
lendaddy

Top speed is a question of engine RPM/horsepower and gearing. The aerodynamic drag is nill and the weights on these buggies are all similar. Sooo for a couple of bucks for a different main gear you can go as fast as you want at the expense of acceleration. Any buggy that goes significantly faster than another on the top end either has a higher revving engine(less likely) or taller effective gearing(more likely), simple.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:28 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: lendaddy

Top speed is a question of engine RPM/horsepower and gearing. The aerodynamic drag is nill and the weights on these buggies are all similar. Sooo for a couple of bucks for a different main gear you can go as fast as you want at the expense of acceleration. Any buggy that goes significantly faster than another on the top end either has a higher revving engine(less likely) or taller effective gearing(more likely), simple.
totally not the point of this post but whatever, state what we know. I'm sure the main discussion here are RTR out of the box speeds, not wasting money on pointless gears. ANYWAYS someone posted at the Violator, it also comes with a non race legal engine (hence the name).

I should have corrected myself as I was talking about all Race Legal RTR's.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Aerobirdbrain

The Ofna PCR is a great buggy plus it's a good value for the money. Ofna gives you a lot of stuff including a starter box even though the engine is a pull-start! You can also easily race it competitively right out of the box and since it's been out for a little while at least, so parts availability is in good supply. I almost bought but then went for the Mugen MBX4-RR and hopped-up the day-lights out of it. lol.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:56 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Aerobirdbrain

The Ofna PCR is a great buggy plus it's a good value for the money. Ofna gives you a lot of stuff including a starter box even though the engine is a pull-start! You can also easily race it competitively right out of the box and since it's been out for a little while at least, so parts availability is in good supply. I almost bought but then went for the Mugen MBX4-RR and hopped-up the day-lights out of it. lol.

RR? Why not just get the XR Already has all the hop ups you need I agree that these are still better than any RTR you can buy, but Nitro Addict gots me wanting a TTR EB4 S2 Pro
Old 02-01-2004, 01:19 PM
lendaddy

totally not the point of this post but whatever, state what we know. I'm sure the main discussion here are RTR out of the box speeds, not wasting money on pointless gears
What I was pointing out is that no one should care what the out of the box top speed of a buggy is as it's simple to change. Also what do you mean "pointless gears"? Kinda like asking which RTR comes with the best tire foams.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:40 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: lendaddy

totally not the point of this post but whatever, state what we know. I'm sure the main discussion here are RTR out of the box speeds, not wasting money on pointless gears
What I was pointing out is that no one should care what the out of the box top speed of a buggy is as it's simple to change. Also what do you mean "pointless gears"? Kinda like asking which RTR comes with the best tire foams.
you still aren't making sense. no matter, we may both agree that RTR speed isn't a factor, but I am safe to assume we are also types that wouldn't buy a RTR. People who buy RTR's do care about speed, and it is a major factor when most of them buy them.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:42 PM
lendaddy

you still aren't making sense. no matter, we may both agree that RTR speed isn't a factor, but I am safe to assume we are also types that wouldn't buy a RTR. People who buy RTR's do care about speed, and it is a major factor when most of them buy them.
I think you aren't listening. I don't want to start a pissin match but the question is pointless. Virtually any buggy can be made faster(top speed that is) than any other RTR buggy with $10 and 10 minutes, so why would you make a purchase decision based on that? And actually mine was an RTR MP7.5 which is far from it now, but I digress. Top speed is a matter of tuning(read gearing) thats all I am saying. So my answer to his question is don't use that as a purchase criteria as you can change any buggies top speed with pocket change.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:30 PM
caseyddr

hes a beginner, i highly doubt he will want to take the time to install or even buy something he doesnt need to start driving :P But i will retract that most go 40 or under, the PCR was estimated at 48mph by RCCA.

Was bored at work at the LHS so i started reading -_- lol
Old 02-01-2004, 06:46 PM
lendaddy

Casey, No prob. Where in Michigan and what LHS?
Old 02-01-2004, 06:52 PM
caseyddr

actually I just recently moved back to Indianapolis IN, but i work at HobbyTown USA. Its great, they got rid of most of the guys who know nothing about RC, and hired an all new staff it seems. This was my first week.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Aerobirdbrain

I bought the RR versoin because it was the only thing that the LHS that i work at had at the time plus my boss took off 150 bucks plus he paid the tax for me! It was the fist thing that he ordered when he first opened the shop a few years back and he misread the lable on the web site thinking that he was ordering the XR, but guess what, he didn't. The RR is still a great kit plus it ws an updated RR and came with some cool add-in's like beefier bellcrancks, more tunable wing mount and other stuff; and who in thier right mind could resist that deal![sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-03-2004, 08:05 PM
the imitator

schools like a boner long and hard!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.