Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hot bodies lightning rr 2 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 12:25 AM
SAVAGE SS IKE
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot bodies lightning rr 2 speed?

what do you all think about the hot bodies lightning rr rtr.
i have one and it is a great car. i need to find a 2 speed for it anybody know how i can do that.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:04 PM
RobH

Default RE: hot bodies lightning rr 2 speed?

I have the pro version of the Lightning and I love it too. I don't know of any 2 speed upgrade for the Lightnings yet. I've seen one for the Hyper 7. I don't know how the bolt pattens for the Hyper 7 diff assembly compare to those of the Lightning but even if you had to mod something, you could make it work eventually.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Nitroaddict

the new Hotbodies Lightning street comes with a two speed. Would that fit? Its basically the same as the buggy, only with an extended chassis.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:50 PM
RobH

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

the new Hotbodies Lightning street comes with a two speed. Would that fit? Its basically the same as the buggy, only with an extended chassis.
I did a google search on that before when I made the last post. Oddly enough, the street in single speed from what I read before. Hot Bodies doesn't even have a page for it yet. I remember the picture from way back when, but I don't recall it it was 2 speed or not. If it is, then you should be able to drop that 2 speed right in like NA said.

this page claims that it's single speed:

http://hobbyoutlets.com/hotbodies/hbsc5501.htm

Transmission: Single-speed.
*shrug*

Found and Ebay auction that claims it's 2 speed though:

2 Speed automatic transmisson
If it is 2 speed, the trick will be getting the part number for the center diff assembly (or part numbers). Hot Bodies customer service is pretty crappy these days. You can't even get through to customer support it seems.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Nitroaddict

i know for a fact its a two speed. RC CAR magazine just did a review on it, and you could clearly see the tranny, as well of its mention in the text. Have no ieda where to order parts though, although Rob should be able to help with that.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:03 PM
SAVAGE SS IKE
My Feedback: (1)

damn i need one. the car huals ass but it needs a little more to keep up with the savage ss.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:08 PM
the imitator

plus it dont matter about the 2 speed tranny al that matters is the u got good servos and plus if if it breaks 50 bucks down the drain all it is is more matances.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:32 AM
RobH

ORIGINAL: SAVAGE SS IKE

damn i need one. the car huals ass but it needs a little more to keep up with the savage ss.
The stock engine is a dog. The fact that it can't keep up with a Savage really says it all. You'll get some good top end out of a Hyper 8-port and they only run like $140 ish. If you want to spend a little more, you can get a Picco .26 for $175 ish. You can run a 18T bell in the Lightning and the Picco will be hell of fast. That configuration can hang with the RB and Novarossi engines. Too bad it's not race legal.