Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

suggestion please....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 04:56 PM
ITCHYTRIGGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestion please....

Hello all,
I am going to get into this buggy thing. i own 2 t-maxx and a savage. lately i've noticed that buggy in general are more sturdier that monster trucks. they can jump higher, go faster. i want one. my friends at Marvin's (KZ) speedway advise is to get Mugen MBX5. however i have friends that own XTM and OFNA and they have no problem or seem to be happy with it. is there a big difference on this buggies. need suggestion please..
Old 03-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Hummer Man

Default RE: suggestion please....

what do you want to do with it??? bash, race??? Then how much?? $1000 or $500??? RTR or Kit??? THe mugen is a kit and with good things will cost about 1000ish dollars... the best rtr, Ofna Hyper 7 PCR/PBS. I have the pbs, it is very fast, handles great, and i love mine! get the april issue of RC Driver it does a great review of it!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:36 PM
royta

K3, K2, MBX5, or H7. Any of them will treat you fine for racing and/or bashing.

I personally picked up an H7 PBS. Stock out of the box, it is a great basher and will get you around the track if you're racing. You can upgrade as you see fit too. In hindsite, I wish I would have just picked up the PRO. But I didn't know the 1/8 bug would bite me as hard as it did.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Hummer Man

me too... when I bought it i just had enought for the RTR, i wish i waited and got the pro as i have bought tons of hop-ups so far, MX-3 FM Radio, RB 086 Pipe, Rb Air Filter, PCR Steering Plate, Venom Failsafe, O.S. 20 E Carb... Plus I would have loved to build a kit!