Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Buy Hyper 7 PBS RTR or PCR or RTR?? Differences??

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Buy Hyper 7 PBS RTR or PCR or RTR?? Differences??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 06:43 AM
bytestorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy Hyper 7 PBS RTR or PCR or RTR?? Differences??

I looked at a acehardwarehobbies site and saw that they are selling 3 different typer of ofna hyper 7...

Hyper 7 PBS RTR
Hyper 7 RTR
Hyper 7 PCR Edition

what's different about the cars? i know that the PBS version dont hav a PS motor.... but what else is different?? cheaper parts that easier breaks? different motors?? I really wat the Hyper 7 PCR Edition, but its more expensive than the others, and its out of stock allmost everywhere.... I want a PS motor, so what about the Hyper 7 RTR? I cant understand what is different between:

Hyper 7 RTR
Hyper 7 PCR Edition

Both are RTR kits....[]

could someone please explain this to me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:15 PM
dagass

Default RE: Buy Hyper 7 PBS RTR or PCR or RTR?? Differences??

Most of the differences are explained here:

http://www.ofna.com/matrix.html
Old 03-18-2004, 04:58 AM
bytestorm

WOW!
So that means that, I can buy tha parts I want to make a Hyper 7 RTR into a Hyper 7 RTR - PCR ?? If i want?
the difference between these two cars are:

Hyper 7 RTR
Susp. | Center Dif | Driveshaft Front
C-Hub....Standard............CVA

Hyper 7 RTR - PCR (Lay-Down Servos, PCR Body)
Susp. | Center Dif | Driveshaft Front
PBS..........Spider..............Uni

They have the same engines dont they?

where can i find these parts? i tried a search on center dif and driveshaft...but found nothing,,?

These were the only differences i couls find according to:
[link=http://www.ofna.com/matrix.html]http://www.ofna.com/matrix.html[/link]
Old 03-18-2004, 08:36 AM
dagass

Both buggies have the Hyper 8 port engine. Also, you can find all the upgrades you could ever want for either of these buggies at Nitrohouse.com. The Hyper 7 RTR can easily be converted into a PCR however one word of caution, the center spider diff is pretty dang expensive so you may want to consider that before making your purchase.

Nitrohouse.com
8 gear Spider diff: part # 19344 - $89.95
center universals: Part # 19327 - $42.46 a pair
Old 03-18-2004, 10:05 AM
bytestorm

Nitrohouse.com does not ship internationally...=(((....

But.. how much better is the "Hyper 7 PCR RTR" than the ordinary Hyper 7 RTR? is the ordinary Hyper 7 RTR really that bad compared to the PCR?

please state the things that makes the Hyper 7 RTR a not so good?

thanks for your time all!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:14 AM
dagass

There is nothing at all wrong with the Hyper 7 RTR. It's a fantastic buggy! We had one racer at our local track that cleaned house on everybody else. With his H7 RTR (I don't recall what engine he ran), he was able to beat the Mugens and Kyoshos (as well as anything else) because he was a great driver. Personally, I don't believe that the PCR is much better if any than the RTR. The laydown stuff is obviously the latest and greatest however you would likely see little or no difference at the track with it.

Both buggies have the same engine, shocks, dif cases, chassis and a host of other stuff. The only thing of consequence that you will not get with the RTR is the spider diff. Other than that, it's a toss up. Also, you can get the center uni's at Tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...27&FVPROFIL=++ and the Spider on Ebay.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:02 AM
CmordaBest

the hyper 7 rtr has only got a 4 port engine NOT an 8 port. if you want a pull start, then it can easily be set up.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:07 AM
dagass

All the Hypers now have the 8 port. Ofna no longer uses the 4 port in the Hyper line.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:13 AM
BigBuzPCR

i love my Hyper PCR...... and the 8- port screams now with help from dagass. It only needs a stronger servo for steering, and is an awesome RTR buggy in my opinion.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:09 PM
coupedit03
Banned

so both the pcr and pbs are rtr? they both come with everything necessary to run? What are the prices for both of these?
Old 03-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Nevadastars

The PBS is the suspension design (Pivot Ball Suspension).......the PCR is the Paul Coleman Racing edition with the laydown servo option that is included in a bag. I have that kit and so far have decided not to use the laydown servos. Looks like a pain to set it up, and the few extra grams it lowers in the chassis, wont do squat to help my driving. Maybe a pro could realize a difference, but not the average Joe. [&:]
Old 03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
dagass

Well put SeventyGTX, I couldn't agree more!
Old 03-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Mugen Mbx5

I have the laydown servo in my hyper and didn't like the throttle linkage set up so I just left the steering laying down and dremeled the throttle hole until the servo would fit in it normal. This seems to work well and you don't have all that extra trash. Also my Mbx-5 is this way so I figured it cant be half bad!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 01:16 AM
RcWebel

Where else can I get a new Hyper PCR RTR that is in stock beside the one mention above?? How much am I looking at???
Would a $100 1/10 starter box be better than the one it come with??
Old 03-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Nevadastars

ORIGINAL: RcWebel

Where else can I get a new Hyper PCR RTR that is in stock beside the one mention above?? How much am I looking at???
Would a $100 1/10 starter box be better than the one it come with??

My LHS has them in stock, but I'm near Sacramento. [] They have them for $419 plus tax. The starter box that comes with it works pretty well for a cheap plastic thing, actually much better than I expected. Just use decent batteries. The engine has a pull starter as well. That is what I used when breaking the engine in, and when initially starting it. If I need to start it with the body on, I use the starter box.

BTW, since I bought mine about a month ago, Ofna has added a rechargable reciever pack and charger to the deal for the same price. The last time I was at my LHS, I noticed an extra sticker on the box stating this. This car comes loaded and is a sheer blast to drive!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:16 AM
BigBuzPCR

i got my PCR for $445 RTR with tax. it is completely ready to get going with the exception of batteries. You'll need 2 7.2V stick packs for the starter box, 8 AA for the transmitter, 1 C- size cell for the glow driver, and if you don't have a 5- cell reciever pack.... then you'll need 4 more AA's to power the elecs. It is an awesome starter box perfectly suited for the car, but i wouldn't use it until the engine is broken in. The 8-port started up very nicely once i had the correct needle settings... which are somewhere else in this forum. My engine screams, the car handles extremely well... the suspension rocks ...... and i cannot wait to race it.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:16 AM
BigBuzPCR

i got my PCR for $445 RTR with tax. it is completely ready to get going with the exception of batteries. You'll need 2 7.2V stick packs for the starter box, 8 AA for the transmitter, 1 C- size cell for the glow driver, and if you don't have a 5- cell reciever pack.... then you'll need 4 more AA's to power the elecs. It is an awesome starter box perfectly suited for the car, but i wouldn't use it until the engine is broken in. The 8-port started up very nicely once i had the correct needle settings... which are somewhere else in this forum. My engine screams, the car handles extremely well... the suspension rocks ...... and i cannot wait to race it.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:58 PM
bytestorm

ORIGINAL: dagass

All the Hypers now have the 8 port. Ofna no longer uses the 4 port in the Hyper line.

are you sure about this? does this rtr kit have the 8port?

http://acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/ca...oducts_id=2537

cant read it anywhere....=/

plz have a look
Old 03-20-2004, 03:15 PM
dagass

Absolutely, with out a doubt, 100 % positive . Ofna quit shipping the 4 port with the Hypers in June of last year. Yes, there are probably some RTR's left lying around on the shelf with the 4 port however that engine has been discontinued on the Hyper line. Also, if you look at the Ofna kit matrix, it shows that the H7 RTR has the 8 port engine.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:24 PM
bytestorm

Absolutely, with out a doubt, 100 % positive . Ofna quit shipping the 4 port with the Hypers in June of last year. Yes, there are probably some RTR's left lying around on the shelf with the 4 port however that engine has been discontinued on the Hyper line. Also, if you look at the Ofna kit matrix, it shows that the H7 RTR has the 8 port engine.
Ok, just wanted to know, because I'm Almost 100% sure of that I'm going to order the Hyper 7 RTR kit really soon:
http://acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/ca...oducts_id=2537

Because I read that:
http://www.ofna.com/hyper7-pcr.html

Attention Hyper RTR & PBS owners: we will be offering a conversion kit soon at a fantastic price (yet to be determined) to keep you on the competitive edge! #19790

And that's good... the reason I'm going for the Hyper 7 RTR, is because all the PCR seems to be sold out...=/ at least on the sites that ship to sweden... (and have a "normal price"..not $600+ for the PCR RTR)

That way i can buy tha Hyper 7 RTR, and after a while, buy the conversion kit =)) to make it a PCR

ps. what should i do IF i order the Hyper 7 RTR kit from Acehardwarehobbies, and get the 4 Port engine?..=/ that would really be bad... can i complain or something if that happens? or do i have to buy a new engine?

Thanks for your time all!
Old 03-20-2004, 04:30 PM
dagass

A simple solution would be to email ACE and tell them you are considering ordering a H7 RTR from them but you just want to be sure it has the 8 port. I was messing with an H7 RTR today at Hobbytown and it and had the 8 port in it. I'm sure ACE's will too.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:39 PM
bytestorm

A simple solution would be to email ACE and tell them you are considering ordering a H7 RTR from them but you just want to be sure it has the 8 port. I was messing with an H7 RTR today at Hobbytown and it and had the 8 port in it. I'm sure ACE's will too.

I have mailed them about a week ago, about whenever they will get the PCR back in stock... no answer..=(
Old 03-20-2004, 07:14 PM
dagass

Another option may be Stormerhobbies.com. They have the H7 RTR for $419.00 (30.00 cheaper than ACE) and they ship internationally. It looks like they have them on order, but it may be worth an email to save $30.00.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...pl?pn=OFN14326

They also have the PCR in stock for $529.00

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...pl?pn=OFN14329