Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Tell me which OFNA buggy to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Brandon_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me which OFNA buggy to buy

There are so many to choose from. Im a basher and dont see myself racing it. The price difference between the buggies isn't much of a consideration if I am getting a good value for the extra money spent.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:57 PM
dagass

Default RE: Tell me which OFNA buggy to buy

The Ultra MBX Pro is still the best bang for the buck in 1/8 scale buggies. It's built like a tank and super fast. The general consesus nowadays though seems to go with the Hyper 7 PCR. It's a great dual use buggy thats equally at home on the track or in the back yard. Personally though if I were to be looking into an Ofna buggy for bashing purposes and money wasn't an issue, I'd probably go with the Violator. It's Ofnas best attempt at building the perfect basher and from what I've seen, they've hit the nail on the head. It's fast, It's strong and it built to take a beating.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Limegrntaln

Next is to decide where your going to buy it from. My 9.5 comes in Friday so I dont have a comment yet! [sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 03-18-2004, 03:20 PM
RC Maniac

Check out Ebay! The Violator is usually on there for about $400. Go with the Violator. I can assure you that it is the ultimate buggy for what you want.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:41 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: RC Maniac

Check out Ebay! The Violator is usually on there for about $400. Go with the Violator. I can assure you that it is the ultimate buggy for what you want.
2 there are right now for $349 NIB including shipping
can you say Dealski??
Old 03-19-2004, 06:41 AM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

I just bought an Ultra GTLX Pro and now I find out it's being replaced with the Ultra Comp. It's supposed to be a refined version of the LX Pro. Lay down steering servo, beefed up suspension and drive parts. Much more. Tower has it priced at $299.99 for the RTR. I haven't seen any pictures of it yet but there is a description of it at Tower. I can't wait to see it so I can feel even worse about my new buggy being discontinued and replaced by a better version. Oh well, it's like buying a computer; once you buy it - STOP LOOKING!
Old 03-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: dagass

The Ultra MBX Pro is still the best bang for the buck in 1/8 scale buggies. It's built like a tank and super fast. The general consesus nowadays though seems to go with the Hyper 7 PCR.
MMM. not to sure with the first line. I would have to say the Hyper 7 PCR RTR or the PBS are by far the best bang for your buck. But I do agree the buggy to get would be a PCR RTR or PBS. Maybe if you already have your own radio gear the just the RTR (Sport in the UK) would suit as it's a bit cheaper, but you don't get the extras.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Brandon_

Another noob question. Could I use the radio that came with my T Maxx?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:32 PM
TeamPlayers

Get what money allows
Old 03-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Gsir8

9.5 MBX!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:18 PM
RC Maniac

ORIGINAL: Brandon_

Another noob question. Could I use the radio that came with my T Maxx?
Do you still drive the Tmax? There is a problem with using a non-computer radio for more than one car. You have to manually trim the radio for each unit, each time you switch. I'd bet the steering servo would be backwards on one or the other too. I would recommend against it!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 PM
muad dib

I just bought a GS Storm w/ Jr XR3i radio for 379.99. NIB. I am new to buggies, but I have heard good things about it and of course there are criticisms but everyone's a critic and nothing is perfect. I don't see the point in spending 1000.00 dollars on a Kyosho or Mugen unless you are racing competitively. I like the OFNA rides as well but the radio gear included with the Storm and the sweet deal, sold me on the Storm.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:41 AM
RcWebel

ORIGINAL: muad dib

I don't see the point in spending 1000.00 dollars on a Kyosho or Mugen unless you are racing competitively.

Thats why some people spend over $2000 to get to a point where there is none.....LOL....
Old 04-18-2004, 09:03 PM
ar8rikki

hi dude did you find out about the comp cause i to am going for the mbx and would like to no the facts before buying cheers