Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

First Race!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 07:33 PM
mrjason82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Race!

Last week I raced for the first time. It was a really cool experience. Kinda a bummer though...In the B-Main I was in 4th and 5th place practically the whole time then I started moving up and I got to 2nd, but on the last turn of the last lap my car flamed out. I didn't know before that but if I were to finish 1st or 2nd in the B-Main I would've been bumped up to the A-Main. Kinda sucks but at the same time I was fairly impressed how well I did compared to some other drivers.

Anyone have any idea why my car would just die like that? it was tuned pretty decently and running well within temperature but it just died and started right up later. It's not the first time that's happened to me either, but it's not a common occurance.

BTW...Hyper 7 w/Hyper 21-8 port engine
Old 05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First Race!

You were probably getting low in fuel and it bounced around so much that it picked up air and stalled out.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Alpharaptor

Can't wait till my first race. [8D] Real bummer though... Tell them you'll be back!
Old 05-20-2004, 01:43 AM
TeamPlayers

I agree with planebuilder. You were probably just low on juice. Or it could have been your plug. Depending on how long your Bmain was if you used the same plug you used for qualifiers it could have just been its time to go. What ever it is I wouldnt worry about it. Sounds like you had a good time. Tell your pit man to fill her up and go get them next time.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:39 AM
fhm101

Welcome to the wonderful world of racing. No matter how well you prepare, gremlens will still jump up and bite you from time to time. Flameout for no reason is the one I hate the most and trust me, no matter how well things are going, you will have unexplained flameouts from time to time. I've seen folks replace their glo plug right before the main and still have a mystery flameout. Either way, it sounds like you had fun and that's really what it's all about any way. Again, welcome to racing, keep it up.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:58 AM
camaro101

Hey sounds liek it was alot of fun im new to raceing also. Just did my second last weekend. Sounds like your mixture is right if ur running in between the right temps. I agree with the other guy plane i think it was. YOu must of been low on juice and cought an air bubble.
Good luck next weekend