Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 7 tq or an ultra lx2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Minkis815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 tq or an ultra lx2?

I want a car that I can race. Not a basher! I race short course, and mod truck. Both electric. And I want to get back into racing nitro buggies. I have a GS Racing Storm that is 80% out of commission. No motor and no electronics. I use to race that car back in 06 when parts where still available. I moved and it has since seized up. And the servo's are also seized. I have been stairing at it for the past few months and just don't think it's worth make drivable again. So that being said, I'm in the market for a new buggy. I'm looking at the OFNA Hyper 7 TQ and the OFNA Ultra LX2. Both seem like decent buggies. I'd replace the steering servo befor I even put fuel it. But are they worth even getting? Are the motor's decent power wise? As for the radio I will be using the Spektrum DX3R Pro. I tried to pull out my starter box and fire up the GS (Befor I knew it was seized) and one of the motors was burnt. So I need everything except an igniter and some other basic nitro stuff. If it's all just medioaker I'll wait throw down the cash for a Losi 8ight 2.0 rtr and sell the radio. Or get an RC8B rtr and have to add a bunch of stuff to my purchase. But either way I want to get racing. So with a $350 budget for the car what is a decent buggie? I am open to suggestion as well.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:18 AM
bchapman1014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hyper 7 tq or an ultra lx2?

I have a hyper 7 tq and i love it, its easy to find parts for and so far has been a nice setup. The only thing about the buggy is the shocks and servos need work. the throttle servo is okay but the steering one needs to be better but your changing it,as far as the shocks you can find whatever you prefer. The motor i never did use i put a axial motor on it and love it. Ofna told me when i bought mine that the tq is better than the lx 2 if you changed the shocks and the steering servo and i did and now it handels great and does awsome. Thats what im gonna race this spring. Each to there own but thats my opion. hope that helps