Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Selling help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Memopad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling help

Hey guys i've just been thinking about selling my buggy, and i'm curious what kind of money i should be expecting to get.

Its the Ofna 9.5 MBX mostly upgraded to pro-spec, with 4mm cnc shock towers, chassis braces, ect.
Frong cvds, center front and rear cvds.
Stock wheels/tires, new crime fighters on dish wheels.
Stock center diff, plus a Pro Thorsen center diff.
A couple new wing mount sets, two wings, two sets of mud guards, new front/rear a-arms/pivot assemblys, lots of spare parts in general.
New JR XR3I radio with a hitec 645mg steering and the weeker JR standard servo for throttle (can't remember the #)
New OS .21RG engine with about 14 tanks through the buggy, just starting to finish the break-in.
Ofna 086 tuned pipe plus power adapter.
New Clutch bell

I'm probably missing lots of stuff because this buggy is absolutely loaded. Its in really great shape, the body has a lame paint job but oh-well... Chassis has minimal scratches on the underside, nothing is beat up, few dings and scratches.

So what kind of money should i be asking for this set-up? I priced it out new and i got over $1000 when i got tired and stopped Also should i sell everything as a package, or sell the buggy as a roller, or seperate everything? I'm considering keeping the transmitter and the receiver...

I've decided to stick with 1/10th scale stadium trucks, just because i don't get to drive all that much so a buggy of this caliber is a little overkill.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Memopad

Default RE: Selling help

Oh come on doodz i know SOMEONE has a clue...
Old 07-29-2004, 01:21 PM
SKYLINE350GT

You should be able to get about $250 for the car as a roller. Than part the rest out. Its easier to sell as a roller and put the rest of the stuff on ebay.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Gsir8

I got my 9.5 MBX with everything cept an engine, and it was $300. It had upgraded front and rear shock towers, crime fighters, aluminum chassis braces, upgraded front plate, had the stock radio, but no steering servo.

Maybe that will help you.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Memopad

Hmm thanks! So maybe 450 or so for the car, servos, and engine plus all the parts... of course some of the crap in there is worth a lot. I might sell the thorsen seperate because i should get about 50 out of that. I think i'm gonna keep the transmitter/reciever for myself.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Memopad

So you think i should just sell the car as a pure roller, no servos or anything? And then i should sell the more expensive accesorries such as the thorsen diff seperate, and sell the servos and engine sepperate also?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

I would keep the electronics in the car and sell the engine and all the other stuff seperate because you wont get much out of a 645 and a weak JR.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:47 PM
PATRICK HAYES
My Feedback: (7)