Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

piston question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:48 AM
*TLR*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piston question

well i was taught after running pull glowplug, 2 drops of oil in hole, rotate flywheel a couple times to lubricate the cyclinder, continue rotating flywheel stopping and storing with the piston at TDC top dead center, is this correct or is there a better way, store with piston in the bottom position, i can see where TDC would be better, because less moisture build up due to condesation in the upper portion of the block, but what is this doing to the bottom portion of our motors?

Just would like some input from you all
Old 10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: piston question

when its still hot i pull the plug and put about 5 drops in and put the plug back in and take the fuel line off so it doesnt pump more fuel in- then i tap it on the starter box for about 2 sec. then put the fuel line back on.i was told to leave the piston at the bottom so it dont wear out the sleeve. you can mark your flywheel w/black marker on the top so you know when it is at the bottom. then ,so i dont forget i clean the air filter. this has worked for me