Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Official Mayhem Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Rockman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mayhem Thread

Have fun with the Mayhem. We have run ours during the summer race seasons for 3 years. Very good racer and sturdy.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:49 AM
TR762

Awesome! I've got a bunch of turmoil pro parts that I bought when I ordered turmoil rtr( seller retracted the deal). Glad to hear I don't have a pile of parts that nobody wants. They'll be put to very good use now! Got a Spectrum DX3 on the way too. Guess now I gotta get a .21 motor to be race legal.....
Old 01-24-2008, 09:04 PM
TR762

I need an electric starter for this sucker. Any one got one they can part with or know the size of a ball end hex wrench I can sacrifice to use with a drill?
Old 05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
WSTshane

Most of the Turmoil parts are universal with the Mayhem, but you may want to try looking around first for the Mayhem parts. Because they are discontinued there are alot of discounted prices, clearances, etc on what shops have laying around. Try [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/RelatedParts.aspx?ProdID=SWK1202&Category=Parts%20Listing]Horizon Hobby[/link], [link=http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Search2.asp?Search=mayhem&scale=%25&offset=25]Wholesaletrains RC [/link]or Ebay ofcourse. At wholesaletrains if you plan on buying a decent ammount of products you may be able to email in your list and bargain an even cheaper deal. Same thing goes with Ebay, if you find people selling multiple stuff or a truck that has some engine problems or something, it may be worth getting just for the parts.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 PM
jdsmouse

i keep loosing control of my mayhem what do i do??i got new batterys in it and dont know what to do
Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Rockman

JDSMouse, give us more information.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 PM
jdsmouse

when i get more then 25 to 30 feet away it goes full throtle and i have to get it when it wrecks. i had a venom smart temp on it and when i mdisconected it it seems to work fine now but i woulr like the smart temp on it
Old 02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

Hey guys, Mayhem newbie here.

I just traded a new modded up Micro T for a mayhem and had some questions.

What bodies fit excluding the mayhem ones?

Which wheels fit? Any buggy 17MM?

And last, is there anymore piston and sleevs for the stock motor? if not what motor is a direct bolt on?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Rockman

Mayhem body is the only one I know that fits. You may try a crowd pleazer body by proline.
Any 17mm buggy wheel works
Any .21 engine will fit. I still like the Sportwerks motors. May be able to find on Ebay. The Dynamite motor should be the same or close to the sportwerks that came with the buggy.
Rockman
Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Rockman

That shouldn't have anything to do with the temp monitor being on the buggy. Unplug your receiver plugs and try again. You have a glitch caused by either a bad battery not putting out enough juice, etc.
Put a failsafe on the buggy and you won't hurt anyone.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Wicked!!

is the .26 a dynamite motor? and isn't dynamite motors in lst's?

Could you put one of those motors in the buggy?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Rockman

You can put in any engine that lines up with the engine mount holes AND sits so the flywheel is not hitting the chassis. I would recommend a .21 to keep legal in case you decide to race. if you are only bashing, put the biggest engine in that will fit and line up. Check the fit if you use an electric starter on the backplate, sometimes the motor mounts sit the engine to low to allow for the backplate.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Wicked!!

Hey thanks for the info.

I won't be racing it since we have no tracks. Btw, due the stock wheels fit on pro line buggy tires?

I know these might seem like not the best questions but I don't have a hobby shop close to me and I have to order everything. So I like to make sure everything is good to go before I order.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Wicked!!

O and I think I will pick up a LST 2 motor/Dynamite.

I have had really good luck with that motor. Just wondering though if it will be to much power for a little buggy. I guess I'll find out.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Rockman

If you are bashing you can't have to much motor. You will like the Dynamite line of motors. Easy tune and reliable. Run 12% oil in your Nitro with a McCoy 59 plug.
The stock wheels should fit the proline tires. You can also run the Proline wheels and their tires. Crime Fighters are always a good hookup.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Wicked!!

Hey guys what are we breaking on Mayhem's/Turmoils?

I want to know since I am getting one in a trade and would like to get some spares.

I was thinking arms. knuckles, ???????????

Also are the diffs on a mayhem exactly the same as a LST?

Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Wicked!!

Could someone tell me if the rear center drive shaft on a pro was longer the rtr one???
Old 03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Rockman

The diffs are the same but the screws holding the halves together are not. LST is SAE standard and Mayhem is metric.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 AM
gdc02

get some lower suspension arms....
Old 04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Anyone still run a Mayhem? I just bought a Sportwerks Mayhem Pro roller, so i am ready to get it and try it out

It should be here sometime next week. It has wheels with it, but these are the only pictures i have so far. Cant be too bad for what ill have in it. It comes with all the stuff except the motor, clutch, and pipe to convert it back to nitro[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54884.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1174691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89538.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1174692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46113.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1174693  
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Rockman

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Anyone still run a Mayhem? I just bought a Sportwerks Mayhem Pro roller, so i am ready to get it and try it out

It should be here sometime next week. It has wheels with it, but these are the only pictures i have so far. Cant be too bad for what ill have in it. It comes with all the stuff except the motor, clutch, and pipe to convert it back to nitro[8D]
I still run mine, mainly for bashing around the yard. It still is a competitive buggy but heavy by today's standards. Have fun. See if you can find a Sportwerks .21. A great engine.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
cummins driver

Heavy is fine by me, especially if that makes it tougher[8D] It will probably just be a basher unless they open a track at the LHS this summer(there is talk of it). Basically a solid, reliable buggy is all im looking for[8D] Later down the road, I may make a truggy out of it, but that is just an idea. I have never driven a buggy, so im probably in for a surprise.

One question... What size is the stock clutch bell on the mayhem? Mine doesent come with the clutch setup or pipe, so im gonna have to find some stuff. The best i could come up with is that it was too high geared stock, and that a 12t clutch bell was a pretty good upgrade for it. The smallest bell i have right now is a 15t bell, so i probably need to buy one that is smaller. I may run it with the 15t just to see what i think of it before i buy a smaller clutch bell though.

Thanks for any help! Ill have more pictures when i have it in my hands

Eric
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Rockman

Heavy is fine by me, especially if that makes it tougher[8D] It will probably just be a basher unless they open a track at the LHS this summer(there is talk of it). Basically a solid, reliable buggy is all im looking for[8D] Later down the road, I may make a truggy out of it, but that is just an idea. I have never driven a buggy, so im probably in for a surprise.

One question... What size is the stock clutch bell on the mayhem? Mine doesent come with the clutch setup or pipe, so im gonna have to find some stuff. The best i could come up with is that it was too high geared stock, and that a 12t clutch bell was a pretty good upgrade for it. The smallest bell i have right now is a 15t bell, so i probably need to buy one that is smaller. I may run it with the 15t just to see what i think of it before i buy a smaller clutch bell though.

Thanks for any help! Ill have more pictures when i have it in my hands

Eric
The best combo is 13 tooth clutch bell with the stock center diff spur gear. I also put in Mugan Clutch shoes and 1.1 springs.
Good luck. I still run mine for 4 years and still enjoy it.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
cummins driver

Thanks for the help. I should have the buggy by the middle of next week. I sold my t-maxx tonight, so im gonna try and round up some stuff i need for the Mayhem with the $$ from that[8D]

I was either keeping the maxx or buying the mayhem and selling the T-maxx. After taking my Maxx out this last time and breaking the rear bulkhead with very little bashing, I decided to move on. Hopefully i made the right move[8D]
Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Rockman

Thanks for the help. I should have the buggy by the middle of next week. I sold my t-maxx tonight, so im gonna try and round up some stuff i need for the Mayhem with the $$ from that[8D]

I was either keeping the maxx or buying the mayhem and selling the T-maxx. After taking my Maxx out this last time and breaking the rear bulkhead with very little bashing, I decided to move on. Hopefully i made the right move[8D]
I have tons of parts to help if needed. Just look on ebay if I hear you need anything. The buggy is very solid and will do a great job. Just check metal to metal screws with blue loctite. Keep engine lined up correctly to spur gear and use paper to set gear mesh.
Have fun. Get a good 3 port OS .21 engine for cheap or better yet find a dynamite or sportwerks .21 engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.