RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Official Mayhem Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM
cummins driver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official Mayhem Thread

Thanks man, I will probably check all the screws and stick some blue loctite on them.

I just bought a complete new Hyper 7 clutch setup tonight for it on ebay. Flywheel, shoes, springs, bearings, shims, and a 13t clutch bell, so I should be good to go in the gearing department. [8D]

I should have the clutch setup about the same time as the buggy, so ill be ready to throw it all together All the radio gear, and motor is setting there waiting, so im anxious to get it going[8D]
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Rockman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Thanks man, I will probably check all the screws and stick some blue loctite on them.

I just bought a complete new Hyper 7 clutch setup tonight for it on ebay. Flywheel, shoes, springs, bearings, shims, and a 13t clutch bell, so I should be good to go in the gearing department. [8D]

I should have the clutch setup about the same time as the buggy, so ill be ready to throw it all together All the radio gear, and motor is setting there waiting, so im anxious to get it going[8D]
I will never get rid of my Mayhem. It has been rock solid for years and easy to drive. Put a little more rear brake in it. Run Diff fluid 5/7/2 front to rear.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
cummins driver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, I may end up playing with the oils some. Ill probably go fairly thick since its just a basher.

I do need to round up a pipe and header. I might have to hit up ebay for that. [8D]
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM
cummins driver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, it looks like i no longer need a pipe.

I bought an Ofna Ravager pipe, header, coupler, engine exhaust gasket, and header spring for $14.94 shipped. Figured i might as well buy it now and be able to use it than to wait till later and pay the same amount for one after swapping exhausts back and forth between my savage and the buggy.

So i should be set to go once it all gets here[8D]
Old 12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
rcJohn71

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi All,

New to nitro Rc cars. I got a Mayhem but not all the parts. I need the RX battery pack(receiver). What size should I look for or sent me a pic of what it looks like?

Thanks,

RCJohn71
Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Rockman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Get a 5 cell battery pack. nimh 1400. get rid of bec plug and get y harness so you can leave battery plugged in and charge on other lead.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 AM
bclong211

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone still running their mayhem? I am working on a few mods and wanted to get some input. I am just into bashing and have a set of 40 series crimefighters on her. I got the expected results-sluggish low end and smoking top end. It handles very good with these tires but i am about to change the bell to a 12 tooth. How much speed should i expect to loose? Can i change the center diff gear to offset the bell or is that just going back to where i was? Also what diif oil weights will be good for bashing? I have torn down the center and found it all but dry so i put in some 7K there. I am waiting on diff seals to show up before i do the other two. Thanks, Brian

Search this Thread