Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

!!!HELP!!! Ofna Ultra LX Comp

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 06:44 AM
pcol2480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!HELP!!! Ofna Ultra LX Comp

I have a new ofna Ultra LX Comp. Started break-in, engine starts but the car wont really move. The engine starts, I pull the accelerator, the engine revs, but it doesnt really move, sometimes it will sort of trickle along art walking pace, sometimes jogging pave, BUT sometimes not ata ll. At first the brakes were stuck and then car ewasn;t moving at all BUt I have fixed that and now it seems that the gears are not really grabbing, by the engine revs and the car speed it seems like something must be slipping. The engine is a Force .26, it is attached to chassis on engine mounts. I decided to take the engine mounts off and remount engine to see if it was the mesh of gears that was the problem, but after struggling and just managing to get the first two of four screws out the final two screws were stuch so tight that I ended up stripping the hole for the hex key on the top of each screw. Now I am "screwed" the car wont move properly and I have two of the engine mount screws with their heads stripped stuck, and I dont know what to do???? Also a couple of times I kept running the car through a whole tank, and when the feul tank was just about empty the car seemed to be much more responsive, I am running the car vey rich for break in just a little more than 3.5 turns out, I thought it may have something to do with the car not really moving because at the end of the feul tank it seems to be a bit better (when it doesnt have quite as much fuel) BUT the engine revs sound fine it doesnt seem like it is stuggling to get to high revs it just seems like the gears are not engaging or something. I am new to RC and dont know much at all, !!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Old 12-17-2004, 09:06 AM
MassiveMods

Default RE: !!!HELP!!! Ofna Ultra LX Comp

hmmm, the revs need to get high to get the clutch to grab and move the car, i had the same problem with my first car, you may just be too rich. once you have done 3 to 5 tanks like this start to lean it out 1/8 turn at a time. you will notice the car rev harder and move more quickly.. What fuel are you using ? is there much smoke coming out of the pipe ?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:34 AM
pcol2480

Default RE: !!!HELP!!! Ofna Ultra LX Comp

I am only using 5% nitro for the break-in then, I have already run at least 4 tanks through the engine durinhg break-in, I then move up to 16-20% nitro for normal operation, I will only be bashing with this car so i am told it isnt really necessary for any higher nitro % than that and thatn it will make the engine last a bit longer? The engine revs do seem to be quite high though, it does seem like something is slipping or not engaging, but like I said when the feul leans out a bit towards the bottom of the feul tank the car did take off a bit more, I might try leaning it out a bit before I hit panic stations. What would I be able to do about moving the engine with those hex screws stuck in the mounts, that is, if it ends up being the mesh between the gears and not that I am running it too rich???