Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Whats the fastest 1/8 RTR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 09:55 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Whats the fastest 1/8 RTR?

thats strange as up here in Canada my cost is over $1000.00 for the Chronos, and the Ofna is about $500.00, but maybe the Chronos has different levels of kits,, the one i was looking at had a Novarossi engine, starter box and a fancy radio...it was a total complete package........the ofnas are pretty affordable.............anyways the Chronos is a fine unit, though parts support may be an issue...........its really too bad the XTM buggy is such a tank as its price and motor are very good........but i have a few friends with tham who have both a Hyper 7 pcr and the XTERM and both these guys say the Ofna runs circles around the XTERM in everything but drag racing, in a drag the Xterm is alot faster then the PCR....but on a track the PCR owns the Xterm...........they also say the PCR is as durable if not more durable then the Xterm as the Xterms keep breaking the diff cases.......These guys are also very unbiased and say it as it is..........but one of thier buddies has a fancy Mugen MBX5 with a pro ported Sirio 21 which apparently hoses the Xterm in a drag, they say the PCR handles very similer to the Mugen, and with a faster motor the PCR would be a very good unit........I myself have a bias against Ofna because some local kid had a hyper 21 in a Savage and all i heard was how fast the Hyper was for the last half of last winter, when we finnaly raced(i have a 24/7 pro savage) my Savage was alot faster, at that npoint i hated the Hyper 21 as I seen first hand what a crappy little motor it was........but the Buggies has won me over after hearing my buddies review of the PCR, in the end he put a Fantom 27 in the PCR and the Sirio 21 still walked all over the Fantom, but i dont know how each was geared........
Old 01-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Dominic616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HYPER 7 PBS
Old 01-07-2005, 10:50 AM
JNS

take a half inch of aluminum, drill two holes, one on each side, then put on the diff case tabs and you'll never break them again [:'(] the only two buggies out right now that have caught my eye are the PVP Swift and the XB8
Old 01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Noreaga

Do you want to race it? If you do then plan on dropping any .26 motor that some RTR buggies come with....and spending more money to replace it with a .21. Only the .21's are race legal...Forget about a Ofna violator all together for racing....not only is the motor to big, but that buggy is also to wide....
Old 01-07-2005, 05:03 PM
hondaking38
My Feedback: (19)

i am hearing a lotabout the lightning 2 and the sportwerks cant find anything on them!! anyone have the websites please????? thanks brian
Old 01-07-2005, 05:58 PM
JNS

[link=http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/lightning2rr.html]Hot Bodies Lightening 2 RR RTR[/link]
[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=SWK1150]Sportwerks .21 ARR[/link] (it would be much cheaper at your LHS)
course now my plugs [&:]
[link=http://www.globalhobby.com/public/xtm/gallery/145601.asp]XTM X-Terminator (base RTR)[/link]
[link=http://www.happytimehobby.com/cars/swift.html]PRP Swift[/link]

if you hunt enough they'll all be in the $300-400 range