Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Whats the fastest 1/8 RTR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 10:06 PM
SS_Mania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the fastest 1/8 RTR?

I need the Buggy that goes fast handles well and strong one but I hear I need to choose careful on RTRs I know why I have to but which one should I choose? my local shop has OFNA , Sportwerks, Hot bodies, GS Racing.
and also RTR stadium trucks like RC10GT and Rustler is RTR Buggy can beat these trucks on straghit ways without any modifications just out of the box speed.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Junior champ

Default RE: Whats the fastest 1/8 RTR?

Get yourself an hyper7 there fast strong and easy to get parts for[8D]
Old 12-28-2004, 04:55 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

check out the X-Terminator RTR Deluxe.
contrary to what most on the forum, it's a kickarse basher buggy. If yer gonna go racin, tho, you should prolly look into the Mayhem ARR pro
Old 12-28-2004, 06:18 AM
GT4racer

I just got myself a Hyper 7. Go for that man its GREAT! Looks strong and was a leading qualifier in som ebig event (cant remember. But there are 4 types of Hyper 7s. You will only want to lok at 3 because the last one is a kit (not RTR) Theres the most basic one: Hyper 7 Sport RTR, the Hyper 7 PCR, and the Hyper 7 PBS which I think (correct me if im wrong) is the more advanced one. However I recommend you to check the Hobao site for mroe info on each kit so you get the one that suits you the best
Old 01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
lightningtwo

Go for Lightning 2 rtr. Great engine, Great handling, Great accel

You know you want it

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[8D]
Old 01-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Engrose

Whether you get the Hyper 7 PBS/PCR, the Lightning2 or the Mayhem they are all great buggies that can stand to be used. But don't get the xtm. It's just not in the same class as the others.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
JNS

the X-T is not meant to be used to race, its meant to bash so you can take your ofna propaganda and blow me... if you want to race for less than $500 your gonna have a hard time, but it'd be best spent on a Lightening 2 Pro or PRP Swift if your racing and the X-Terminator for bashing... sorry... i have no respect for the Ofna releases of HoBao...
Old 01-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Josh K
My Feedback: (-1)

hey go with the GS Storm RTR or PRO you can't go wrong with either. I have a RTR and I upgraded to Pro and it is very durable anf Fast! And it's in the $350 range. Truely the best bang for your buck
Old 01-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Muswagon

Its funny only one person mentioned a buggy that his hobby shop deals in The sprotwerks RTR, fast mega torque engine, exellent buggy overall, FM non toy like radio, I think it is a winner.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:42 PM
TGreg24

the ofna violator is very fast do to the fact that it has a .26 insted of a .21 and it has better handling for it has 20mm wider arms. the violator has to at least push 50 because it dominates my savage and burns a .21 maxx.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:57 PM
jmangone23 tzs

zero star is a liar

never raced my maxx

it never works
Old 01-02-2005, 08:37 PM
TGreg24

**** on ur face
Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 PM
JNS

having a .26 in a buggy wont make it faster than a decent .21 in a buggy, sh .21 longstroke has less of a bottom-end then some of the .26s and 28s but holds up off the line and after 30 mph it pulls away...
Old 01-03-2005, 12:15 AM
camaro101

the X-T is not meant to be used to race, its meant to bash so you can take your ofna propaganda and blow me... if you want to race for less than $500 your gonna have a hard time, but it'd be best spent on a Lightening 2 Pro or PRP Swift if your racing and the X-Terminator for bashing... sorry... i have no respect for the Ofna releases of HoBao...
He is just ticked off because he knows that anything that says ofna on the side of it will beat the heck out of his x-t. I have a 9.5 and a hyper7 pcr and they are the best. I wont argue with the guys who like the violator, it is a sick buggy. But definatley they way to go is hyper 7. you can bash the hell out of it and still race it in sanctioned raceing. a bit pricey tho, but any serious RC enthusiast knows u goet what u pay for.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:00 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

there's NOTHING wrong with the X-T as long as you stay away from the track.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Engrose

Correct about that. But since a buggy's raison d'etre is to be raced at a track it seems that the xtm has a problem.
It is fun to just go bashing but it is also nice to be able to take the buggy to the track should you feel for it. And on that background it is obvious that Sportswerk, Lightning2 or especially the Hyper7 are the ones to go for.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:42 AM
lightningtwo

When I told you lightning 2 rtr was a decent car to go for I didn't say it because I own one. I say it because it goes fast,corners quickly,and it accelerates quick too. On top of that it's virtually indestructable. Mine went to the bottom of a deep pond[sm=drowning.gif](This was at a sand quarry). It was ten minutes before we found it, all we had to do was empty it of water and it still runs great! The only thing wrong is the starting clutch[] It still starts but it takes a while and a new one is on its way.This car is a clear winner. When I saw it in the shop it ((glowed gold))
Old 01-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Chex

ORIGINAL: JNS

seeing that the hyper 7 tqed in the world and was a real contender to win I see no reason for your disrespect, I personally don't like the hyper, but theres no reason to deny its quality
Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
JNS

the last 3 ofnas ive seen were nothing to oogle over... one took a jump laned at a 30 degree angle and broke both right hubs...

btw... MTs started out as bashers but look at the revo ...
Old 01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: JNS

btw... MTs started out as bashers but look at the revo ...
Yeah a truck that cant even haul it's own weight, laydown shocks that take weeks to refill, an electrinic transmision that burns out if you hit reverse from WOT and a price tag beyond it's worth.

Hyper 7s are total VFM, world class buggy at bargain bucket prices.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:36 PM
TGreg24

well i still say the violator
Old 01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
tthomp113

Its all in the set-up. All manufacturers have buggies that do different things. The lower line of Ofna Buggies are a very old design. They have not changed really for about 5 years. The Gs Storm and lightning are based of off the Kyosho mp7.5/777. It really depends on what you are doing. I race my buggy a lot against the others. It is a Xtm. Once I found a set-up I keep with with most other buggies including lightning 2, Gs Storm and Hyper 7's. Get whatever your LHS carries!!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:55 AM
AVIATOR135
My Feedback: (18)

SUCK IT UP AND GO WITH THE OFNA JAMMIN X1 RTR, IT IS AS CLOSE TO A PRO KIT AS YOU CAN GET IN A RTR, AND WHEN YOU DO DESIDE TO STEP IT UP, ADD THE FEW PRO FEATURES THAT SET THEM APART. NO NEED TO BUY ANOTHER CAR YOU'LL ALREADY HAVE THE FOUNDATION. LOOK INTO THIS OPTION, I DON'T THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:56 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he fastest RTR is the SVM Chronos, it will smash any Ofna, but its big bucks...the XTM has the most powerful motor next to the Chronos, but its chassis isn't the most agile...the Sportworks uses a SH engine which is the same as the XTM engines except it has a better carb.....the Ofna Hyper 21. and 26 as well as the hotbodies 26 will not hold a candle to the power of the SH/XTM powerplants....the SH lineup of engines are amazingly powerful and will compete with everything but the finest hand tuned race motors...so my vote is for the Sportworks as it has a XTM engine with a much better chassis...sorry but Ofna engines are outdated and very underpowered when raced against the SH engines...........anyways the Sportworks does look like a solid buggy...the Ofna force 26 is almost the least powerful big block money can buy as its basicaly the same engine as the savage .25...its realistically about 1.6-1.75 hp at 22-25K at best...the Hyper 21 is a little better but still nothing great, but its a terrible motor to break in and tune and in most cases requires a different carb as its stock carb sucks...the Hotbodies 26 is the same as the force very underpowered but semi easy to tune....now the SH engines (sportworks, XTM, Mach 26) are extremely powerful and easy to tune and will completely run circles around the competitors as far as power is concerned.............now the chassis for the Ofna buggies are very nice and if its in your budget to buy and engine get the Ofna due to parts support and setup support, but dont run thier garbage engines..........
Old 01-07-2005, 01:49 AM
SKYLINE350GT

the Crono's arent big money. They are about the same price as the Ofna's. A bit more than $425 for a kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.