Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

What do you all think on "bazooka"

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

What do you all think on "bazooka"

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:46 AM
p4paul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you all think on "bazooka"

Just a quick note to ask What do you all think on "bazooka" for a firist RCbuggy....the spec looks good... Would be interested in the your thinking.
REGARDS
Old 01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Engrose

Default RE: What do you all think on "bazooka"

I wouldn't recommend it since it's made by an unknown company and is of unknown quality.
Furthermore there seems to be problems with getting spares.
Sofar I've only seen adverts for it on ebay and not all that is said in those adverts are true...

It is better to get a buggy that your local hobby shop deals with or one that you can see people use at a track near you.

Än advice could be to look at Hyper7 or HotBodies Lightning.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:13 PM
viper463

The bazooka is very similar to the lightning or mp7.5 but I would recomend a lightning if you are wanting something in the low price range. Take a look at ultimate hobbies they are selling the lightning rr for 289.95 but thats in the US i'm not sure what you can get it for in the UK.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:52 AM
browney

HOT BODIES LIGHTNING 2 RR BUGGY

£283
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 AM
monte100

ORIGINAL: p4paul
Just a quick note to ask What do you all think on "bazooka" for a firist RCbuggy....the spec looks good... Would be interested in the your thinking.
REGARDS
oh no not the bazooka baggy, the ebay advert is just too funny, the specs don't look good on here, they are hilarious, JUST READ THE FEATURES.LMAO 70mph+.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...936566814&rd=1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12666.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	211707  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 PM
PRBuggy

Default RE: What do you all think on

Hey im new on the forum i just bought the bazooka also and waiting for it in a couple of days so basicly no one here owns one and knows about this buggy right? Ill try to post more when i get mine and tell you what i thinkg of it!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:24 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: PRBuggy

Hey im new on the forum i just bought the bazooka also and waiting for it in a couple of days so basicly no one here owns one and knows about this buggy right? Ill try to post more when i get mine and tell you what i thinkg of it!
Since you already own one, you might want to investigate the parts situation. All things break and you might have a tall mountain to climb in the parts department. Let us know.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi All

I have had my HSP Bazooka for just over 2 years now . It is my first "hobby Grade " r/c . There are several aluminum upgrade parts already installed and the Quality and construction seem to be good although I have nothing to compare it to . I believe the Bazooka name has been replaced by the Tornado . I just checked on eBay and there were over 200 replacement parts listed, and more fore the Tornado . They seem to be very popular in Australia .

I have not broken anything yet although the throttle servo has some play now . I have installed a rotor starter on the .21 SH engine . The enginestarts andrunsvery well.The supplied controller works well and hasdecent adjustability . I am impressed by my first off-road buggy . I hadgreat fun recently when it was being chased by alocalBull Mastiff .... D.J.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: monte100

ORIGINAL: p4paul
REGARDS
oh no not the bazooka baggy, the ebay advert is just too funny, the specs don't look good on here, they are hilarious, JUST READ THE FEATURES.LMAO 70mph+.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...936566814&rd=1
And now theres even a "very limited bonus offer": of the "Essential Guide to RC Cars" which is probably filled with the same info you can get out of an owners manual.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I forgot to mention the major reason that I bought the Bazooka . I purchased the buggy on an eBay auction . The company was just starting out and had a few "no reserve" auctions to attract customers (rcracingusa) . The buggy , shipped to my door with all taxes included , was $210.00 .I looked on eBay today and it seems that you can't get away without spending $400.00 or more for one now . .... D.J.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 AM
lez1troubles

JQ, THE car RTR=$299.
KYOSHO MP7.5 NEO RTR $349.
Both great entry level buggies.(JQ is a bit better though).