Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper PBS or PCR

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 11:44 PM
timmytimmy14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper PBS or PCR

hey guys i just recieved my hyper 7 PBS in the mail today but im not sure that it is a PBS lol. i actually think that it is a PCR. becuase the one that i recieved came with a black 8 port engine head instead of the purple head one. and mine also came with the blue shock springs. and it also came with the black air filter mount with the blue air filter. but the buggy came in a PBS box with PBS stickers.i checked on the ofna website and in the ofna catalog and im almost sure that i got a PCR. did this happen to anyone else? did i get ripped off or is the PCR better than the PBS?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: hyper PBS or PCR

it happened to me, although it was last march. are the servos standing up, or laying down? if they are up, it is a standard PBS, if they are laying down, it is a PCR. i think everything is the same on the buggies besides the servo configuration, and i would prefer the stand up style. it is a great buggy either way, i beat the crap out of mine. i thought it was a great buggy to become familiar with. i am sure you know that you need to upgrade some things, such as steering servo, 6 volt receiver battery, tighten all screws, use thread lock on all metal screws threading into metal nuts and such. hope you enjoy it.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:47 AM
timmytimmy14

yea the servos are standing up, and i did locktite and tighten everything that needed it. i went over the whole car like 3 times. i cant wait to fire it up tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:22 AM
HyperDrive

It sounds as though you have a PBS, aparently they used to come with a pull start and black head on the engine. Later they came with a purple head and could only start with a starter box. Well I think this is right. None the less the Hypers are great cars, very durable and resiliant to a good bashing.
I would really recomend that you go over the diffs and shocks once you have the engine broken in.When you get it from the factory there is only grease in the diffs and the shocks are not filed properly. You will really notice the difference in the buggys handling once this is done.
Don't forget the thing that is most important is to HAVE FUN!
Old 02-26-2005, 05:26 AM
ChiefG

I'm new to this hobby, what exactly needs to be done with the diff? I'm changing my shock oil to 40 wt in all four.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:40 AM
monte100

ORIGINAL: ChiefG

I'm new to this hobby, what exactly needs to be done with the diff?

its not compulsary, but most people open up the diff cases, clean out all the grease, and then refill with diff oil.

a popular choice (and my choice) is 5000wt front, 7000wt center, 1000wt rear.

if you race, you might be better off asking your fellow-racers at the track what they use, as people use different weight oils for different tracks.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: timmytimmy14

hey guys i just recieved my hyper 7 PBS in the mail today but im not sure that it is a PBS lol. i actually think that it is a PCR. becuase the one that i recieved came with a black 8 port engine head instead of the purple head one. and mine also came with the blue shock springs. and it also came with the black air filter mount with the blue air filter. but the buggy came in a PBS box with PBS stickers.i checked on the ofna website and in the ofna catalog and im almost sure that i got a PCR. did this happen to anyone else? did i get ripped off or is the PCR better than the PBS?
That IS a PBS. The black head is a production review that improves cooling.