Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

2 speed tranny settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
WestCoastKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 speed tranny settings

Does anyone know where I can print out the stock settings for my XTM X-terminator? Remember it's for the 2 speed. Thanx
Old 07-24-2005, 03:51 AM
adsmart101
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 2 speed tranny settings

I'm also looking for help for a two speed, but mine is for the ofna mbx r2. Its not shifting or at least audibly. Adjusting the shift point point makes it shift quicker or slower. Does that also adjust the rpm that the tranny will shift in?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
WestCoastKid

Yeah if you still have your instructions for your Ofna's 2 speed you try setting it back then starting over. But otherwise yes you are right about the shift point.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Blues.man5
My Feedback: (5)

I also have problems with my ofna. Instructions say to screw in the spring retainer screws to stop then back out 5 turns to start. Backing out quickens the shift point and screwing in delays the shift. I have never gotten mine to shift. When I started I would rev to high speed and when backed off the throttle it sounded like it would start to shift. So I backed out the screws 1/2 turn at a time like it said to quicken the shift but it never would shift. I finally had backed the screws to the point that it released the shoes and ate the 2nd gear. Now I've replaced that gear and I'm thinking that maybe it basically was starting in second. So I guess I'll try turning in the adjustment to see if it will delay the 2nd apply. Any experience of help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:43 PM
rcsup1

Hey guys bringing this one back... I am having the same problem with my ofna 2 speed finger type...it won't shift !
I have torn it down 3 times and inspected everything with no luck... I have seen numerous threads describing the same issue but no one has post a resolution. As described above it seems like it is stuck in 2nd..

Any help would be greatly appreciated