Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: After-Run Oil??

Nitro isn't what corrodes motors man. The alcohol is hydroscopic so it obsorbs moisture. The moisture is left behind from the alcohol and corodes your motor slowly but surly if you don't either after run oil or run the motor dry. Thats also not the only use for after run oil like I said before when you run a motor dry you'll be dry starting the motor next time you go to run. Dry starts are metal on metal contact and anytime you have that you have engine wear especially when the motors cold and has a tight fit in the piston and sleve. Theres no reason not to after run oil your motors it just keeps them running smoothy and about a half gallon longer just because you never dry start the motor just don't get it on the seals in your carb because it can eat the seals but you wont have a problem with that unless you flood the carb with the ARO. I never used corrosionX on anything but I don't think its something you would really want in your motor. WD-40 works well and well water dispancement is what is was made for. It just lacks some of the lubrication as compaired to what ARO gives you but its better then using nothing and its cheaper.
    www.HarnoisHobby.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have found a great after run oil that works wonders. I have been using this oil now for over 3 months in my rc trucks and it works great. I highly recommend anyone out there that is trying to find an after run oil to try:
    http://www.afterrunoil.com oil.
    It mixes with alcohol and gas unlike others that i have found that don't mix. Because I use it for my fuel system this is a big plus after using my rc truck for that day. I can do the engine and fuel system and dont even have to worry about oil seperation.
    THIS STUFF WORKS GREAT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ALL.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, NOOB here i just bought my first nitro rc..How do i BDC my rc after run? What do i have to do?
    >>>Vortex SS<<<

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rotate your flywheel on your engine till there is no resistance, that will ensure your piston is not near the pinch zone.
    ((((((((MARSHALL!!!!)))))))

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123