Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!
View Poll Results: A poll
Jammin X1CR Pro
33.77%
777 SP2
33.77%
MBX5 Prospec
18.18%
XB8
11.69%
7.5 Kanai II or III
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Looking into a new buggy!

Old 09-08-2005, 10:06 PM
zr1s10
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking into a new buggy!

Right now I have a Hyper 7 Pro which is nice, BUT its getting worn out and i bought it used. I'm really looking into getting a new buggy but I want to get one of the best and something that will last!

So which of these is my best bet?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:08 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Looking into a new buggy!

i give my vote to sp2 even though i accidently voted for the kanai.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Crazy Canuck

I voted for the SP2 as I have the SP1 and that buggy rocks. There is a great article in this months issue of Xtreme RC Cars where they pit some of those buggies you have listed against each other. The Kyosho wins. It's a good read and answers some questions. Now the SP2 is a little different from the SP1 in that they have (can't remember) either elongated the chassis or shortened it by like a few millimetres to improve handling and stability. IMO the Kyosho is the best bet and I'm saying that because my buggy has yet to let me down. Nothing has broken and it is easy to set up for different track conditions, my LHS carries lots of parts, in all just a well rounded buggy. I could go on and on but it would take forever to read.

Cheers
Old 09-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Kemo

SP2 OR the cen matrix.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 PM
rolandh21

I love the xray, but a friend of mine just got the new thunder tiger, and every red hop up part you can buy and that buggy looks NICE... It seems very smooth, if it drives half as good as it looks which i'm sure it will, maybe you ought to take a look. If you want to race stay away from everything ofna. No offence to people who have them, but they are different than the big boys. Go mugen, kyosho, xray, thunder tiger and you can't go wrong. It is hit or miss with the ofna's, cen's, mayhem's, nothing wrong with them but they are just a different calliber of buggy.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:26 PM
pdq 5oh

I got the Jamin RTR. There a couple other guys with them at my local track. These buggies run and handle very well. The pro version has a few more hop up parts included. So far, I'm very impressed with the Jammin buggies.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
casper7

I say XB8 had mine for three month, done four races and loads of practice sessions and I have not broken anything.

The buggy has loads of tune ability and once you have mastered the set-up its real easy to drive and puts some good lap times in.

Build, its a dream to build everything goes together really well, no problems at all.

Regards
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60963.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	321878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86545.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	321879  
Old 09-09-2005, 04:16 PM

-The kanai 7.5 buggys have been replaced by the 777's I doubt you could find a new one and parts will be a bit harder to come by in the near future
-The Jammin x1 cr pro seems nice but it doesn't have the pedigree of the others.
-I hear a lot of good things about the Xb8 in terms of ease of building and the quality of the materials setting it up can be a bit more demanding than with the others (this all word of mouth i've never driven this car.
-The Prospec and the Sp2 are both world champion designs and honestly you can't go wrong with either of them.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:53 PM
kidswift

I vote for the JAMMIN it is the first buggy I have owned but not the only one I have driven. I have driven a MBX5 and an XRAY and they are good but I think my JAMMIN still hadles better when the track gets rough. Great all around buggy.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Mobo

Are you going to be racing? If so I would go with the sp2, but for bashing, the jammin will do just fine. The reason I say this is that I own the x1-cr and its a great buggy, but I have seen a sp1 at my track and that baby hauls, maybe its the the drivers experince but its still fast, plus kyosho has the dependibility you want in a bug. I run/race the x1-cr but being the first time out on the track, I had techincals and didn't finish b/c i forgot to use locktight, EVERYWHERE! But for bashing my jammin is awesome and it is very durable. After dozens of tumbles and flipe, my buggy is still going strong.

M.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:13 AM
zr1s10

Well I can get a BRAND new 777 SP2 for $520+20 shipping. So I'll probably be going with that!
Old 09-10-2005, 01:37 PM
RCNewcomer
My Feedback: (1)

WELL WHY NOT WAIT FOR THE NEW BUGGY XTM RACING IS HAVING. XTM RACING IS GONNA COME WITH A NEW BUGGY SOON. THERE WILL BE NO MORE X-TERMINATOR, I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE RACE READY OR SOMETHING.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:05 PM
PATchy

ORIGINAL: RCNewcomer

WELL WHY NOT WAIT FOR THE NEW BUGGY XTM RACING IS HAVING. XTM RACING IS GONNA COME WITH A NEW BUGGY SOON. THERE WILL BE NO MORE X-TERMINATOR, I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE RACE READY OR SOMETHING.

where did you hear that xtm was coming out with a new buggy? i guess it might be true, the xterm has been out for like 4 years now...its time they come out with a new 1/8 buggy
Old 09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: rolandh21
If you want to race stay away from everything ofna.
I strongly agree aside from the Jammin pro. Not quite the quality as the higher end buggies but overall good handling.

I voted for the SP2 just because my MP777 seems to get better everytime I drive it without even making changes to it.

Second choice is the XB8. Lots of adjustments even though you really don't need so many. Even though you have more adjustments then you need they are all very easy epsecially with caster. Normally you would need to buy a new knuckle and everything to adjust caster on a c-hub buggy but its fairly easy with the xb8. High quality parts and great handling. Can't go wrong with either.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:44 PM
RC RAC3R

buggys are basically personal preference.. and what your group / club is running... I say this because when a bunch of people run the same buggy, there is gonna be spare parts floating around....
Old 09-12-2005, 04:14 AM
super_midget4

whats wrong with another hyper
Old 09-12-2005, 11:05 PM
zr1s10

ORIGINAL: super_midget4

whats wrong with another hyper
Well I already have a pro. But if I wanted to stay hyper I could always get new parts.

Unless you mean the hyper 8 [:-][>:][8D]
Old 09-13-2005, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: zr1s10

Well I can get a BRAND new 777 SP2 for $520+20 shipping. So I'll probably be going with that!
And no one bothered to ask where he found a SP2 for 520 $....
Old 09-14-2005, 12:48 AM
rolandh21

don't think anyone believes him, thats why...
Old 02-24-2006, 05:28 PM
enginemugen

I personally like the mugen mbx 5 its a really goo chasis and easily upgraded.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:49 AM
RYANO218

I would go for the xb8, this car is built to last. I just got one and am amazed at how smooth everything goes together. I used to run the sp2, and it was good, but the parts just seemed to wear out and develop slop quickly, and would cost alot to replace. With the xray everything stays together and does not wear as fast. I think that it looks pretty sweet too. And it handles like a dream.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I prefer the Jammin` , I like Kyosho but I can get my Jammin` around faster and easier . But stick with something that`s popular in your area and thats has parts readily available at your lhs.