Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

hot bodies lightning 2 pro= need info on it

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hot bodies lightning 2 pro= need info on it

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Jammin_Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot bodies lightning 2 pro= need info on it

i know that travis amezcua of hotbodies won a championship with this buggy but i really dont know about this buggy. it is pretty cheap and seems to be a good buggy. does anyone have any info on it. please tell me if you do.

if you dont know what this buggy is heres a site linking to it.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/lightning2pro.html
Old 09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Jammin_Lee

Default RE: hot bodies lightning 2 pro= need info on it

please anybody even seen it at your local track or anywhere
Old 09-27-2005, 07:28 PM
PATchy

i think they're awesome, my buddy has one and it rips.

one time he ran it into a curb doin about 35 which is pretty fast right into a curb, it did like a bajillion kartwheels and front flips and it kept on rolling . the only thing i've seen him break was the front bumper, and it wasn't really his fault because some little kid wanted to drive it really bad and ran it into a mailbox

they're pretty durable, but i heard parts are pretty hard to get a hold of and then sometimes i hear that parts are really easy to get.
you can always call them and im sure they can arrange sending you parts. its just as good as any buggy out there.

personally, i believe you don't always need the best to win, i run a regular kyosho mp777 with an os rg, and futaba s3305 servos, i try to keep it as cheap as possible and im out there winning a ton of races..

this is to all you whiney little kids out there trying to convince your mom and dad to buy you some $700 dollar buggy or a $300 dollar engine........

YOU DON'T NEED THE BEST TO WIN!! all your doin is wasting your mom and dads hard earned cash
Old 09-27-2005, 07:36 PM
kx250ryder

That is why I am a member of team low budget. My parents haven't paid for my toys since I was a kid. I am rocking one of the cheapest buggies (9.5 pro), the cheapest synth radio (JR XS3), the cheapest engine (OS RG), and the cheapest servos (Blue Bird and Hitec). Obviously, some of the items above could benefit from spending a little more money, but for the most part, its still competitive. I am not flaming people with Mugens and Nomadios though, I would buy it if I had the cash too.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:42 PM
PATchy

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder
I am not flaming people with Mugens and Nomadios though, I would buy it if I had the cash too.
i would too...but i don't need it, im happy with what i have
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Jammin_Lee

i really like this buggy alot so i think im going to buy it and im 14 and my parents never buy me parts. so im on my own. but how is that os rg. ive been looking into buying that to for it since i need to go cheap
Old 09-27-2005, 07:51 PM
kx250ryder

I put a Jammin JP-2 on mine and it rips. I destroy my buddy's hyper 8 port, and I am nipping at the heels of my other buddy's Sportwerks .26. I get better fuel economy than both as well. Which actually kinda sucks, because there isn't much to do on the track when everyone else is in the pits re-fueling. I have heard some say that putting an aftermarket cooling head, and polishing the ports will make the engine run like its $250+ dollar counterparts, but I have yet to try this.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Jammin_Lee

what speed would you say you get with it
Old 09-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Jammin_Lee

what buggy do you have also
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 PM
kx250ryder

I have a 9.5 Pro. Its older but still relatively competitive. Truthfully, I think its all driver. I am sure someone like Chad Bradley, or Jared Tebo could beat me with a Smartech or a radio shack toy. Not that I necessarily recommend my 9.5 Pro for racing, but I wouldn't start laughing at you if you decided to get one. Although, your name has Jammin in it, so that is what I assume you own now. That would definitely be a superior race platform than my buggy. In fact, your buggy was created to replace my buggy.

Top speed is not really something to ask. Its more of a marketing tool that companies use to make you want to buy their three speed monster truck or whatever. You can make a buggy go 50-60, but your acceleration will suffer. You can also make them go 30-40, but get to top speed within 30 feet. It all depends on how you gear it. Since these are racing machines, designed for relatively tight tracks, with large jumps, this demands more acceleration than speed. So your car will likely be geared for this from the factory.

If you don't have the Jammin that your name represents yet, trust me, despite their low top speed numbers, you will have a hard time controlling them at first regardless of how its geared. No off road r/c vehicle really comes close to this type of performance. If you think about those stupid little scooters zipping around carrying a person, those probably have similar horsepower numbers to these cars nitro engines. Only these cars aren't carrying a person, and they only weigh seven pounds. Thats alot of power to weight ratio. Coupled with the fact that they are four wheel drive, its pretty awesome.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Jammin_Lee

i need to change that name because i wanted to buy the jammin rtr but i saw how the lightning is a kit now i want that. kits are better and everyone is telling me to get one. the lighting has won championships across the world in there buggy class and its just awesome buggy. i dont have a jammin. now would the hb lighting 2 pro be better than the jammin rtr and what gear is a good acceleration gear all i really want is good quickness and 45 mph speeds . and will the os engine that you have does it give you good acceleration.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:23 PM
kx250ryder

Your gearing, tire selection, and clutch setup give you good acceleration. The RG is a good engine though. You won't be disappointed with its performance. If you have never had a buggy before, and don't know much about setting them up, you would be wasting your money to buy anything much more powerful.

I know that you hear that and it seems like I am bashing your driving skills, but it has nothing to do with it. Having a high dollar engine will just cause you to overpower the track, until you can grasp car setup. Speaking of, here is a good link for suspension tuning, review this before your car gets here so that when you build it, you will understand what everything does:
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/
Old 09-27-2005, 08:33 PM
PATchy

ORIGINAL: Jammin_Lee

i really like this buggy alot so i think im going to buy it and im 14 and my parents never buy me parts. so im on my own. but how is that os rg. ive been looking into buying that to for it since i need to go cheap
im proud of you Lee lol

TAKE THAT TOO ALL YOU WHINNY KIDS OUT THERE WHO CAN'T BUY THERE OWN STUFF!!

the rg rocks, very easy to tune, and is worth every penny

patchy
Old 09-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Jammin_Lee

thanks guys kx250 i have a xxx-nt with a cheap and awesome dynamite 12 spd engine it hauls keeps up with all the piccos out there so that is just why im asking. thanks for all the post guys and if you can i need to know some more about the hot bodies buggy the kit that is. and the second version too lol.and if you find videos of this buggy please post it here. thanks to all.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Jammin_Lee

please peeps need info please
Old 09-28-2005, 08:16 PM
PATchy

the hb lightning is in some parts of this movie

go to http://www.bigsquidrc.com/videos/index.html and its the third movie down, it shows a picture of a whole bunch of rc cars & you have to save the video first

hope this helps dude
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Jammin_Lee

ive already seen that and it is the rtr version but thanks for trying man
Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 PM
PATchy

OHH THE KIT! i thought you just wanted to see like any lightning in action, sorry about that...

i've seen one or two video's of the pro but i forgot what website, i have to search for it again

pat
Old 09-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Jammin_Lee

please do man im dying to see a pic of it in action
Old 09-28-2005, 10:33 PM
PATchy

i found pictures of it in action if thats what your lookin for and im still lookin for those vids.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Jammin_Lee

ok thanks
Old 09-29-2005, 08:21 AM
JEXTEL
My Feedback: (1)

Im getting one for next race season with a OS RG and a JP-1 pipe on it
Old 09-29-2005, 10:38 AM
L2Pro-Racer
My Feedback: (1)

whoo hoo! More L2 Pro owners. You guys wil NOT be dissapointed with this buggy. Its an awesome buggy that can keep up with the best of 'em. Check out www.hbforum.com theres alot of great info on those forums and its a great resource.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
PATchy

ORIGINAL: JEXTEL

Im getting one for next race season with a OS RG and a JP-1 pipe on it
hey thats what i run, its a good combo
Old 09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Jammin_Lee

jextel thas what i was going to run that in mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.