Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

!!!COLLARI 32. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:34 AM
JEEPSTER73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!COLLARI 32. HELP!!!

Just ordered my Hot Bodies LSP along with the Werks Collari 32. nitro engine....I quess that sometimes i'm not the brightest because i don't know if the engine will fit!!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:15 AM
tonytiger

Default RE: !!!COLLARI 32. HELP!!!

i put a collari .30 in a hyper 7 and i had to slightly modify the motor mount plate for it to fit....i was also dis appointed with the engine in a buggy.....it was way better in my monster truck....the motor has gobs of bottom end tourque but not a lot of rpm which is what you need for top end speed
Old 10-02-2005, 09:05 AM
JEEPSTER73

WHAT FAST(EASY TUNNING)ENGINES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND??? I'M NOT DOING ANY TRACK RACING...I JUST WANT SOMETHING REALLY FAST.AND SOMETHING THAT I CAN INSTALL WTHOUT ANY MODS...
Old 10-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Evsie

First of all the Werks Collari WILL rip the drivetrain to bits eventually, the Lightning Stadium's drivetrain is not the toughest and putting 3.6hp through it would be like asking a Honda Civic to cope with a Chevy V8.

I've got a Lightning Stadium RR and have just put a HoBao Hyper 21 8-Port Pro engine on it. Even running it in on the 5th tank this thing is flying and I mean flying, when I lean it in it's gonna be mega fast. The brakes can hardly hold it back at full pelt! With a 13/50 set up it rips off the line and the engine revs to 38,000rpm+ so top end it's crazy, just keeps revving. A friend of mine might have been exaggerating slightly when he said it's 'buggy-fast' but it is definitely quicker than an RB23TM-powered Revo.
Get one of these and you'll never look back:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=9413

Cheap, easy to tune, reliable, spare parts readily available and tons of power!

With the Lightning Stadium being based on a buggy, it is not a lot heavier than the buggy so a .21 engine is more suitable than a lower-revving .28/.30/.32 engine. They have got too much torque and eventually they will break something, it might not happen instantly but it will cost you too much to replace these when you take it out for a bash. Hope this helps.