Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Powermaster Fuel

I've been using Powermaster fuel for awhile now. I originally bought it because a) they make Traxxas Top fuel, and b) it's inexpensive.

Yesterday, I had my Ofna MBX Pro out and I just can't seem to get it tuned correctly. If I lean it out it doesn't like to idle, at 3 turns (HSN) it idles real good but boggs when you really give it fuel.

I'm wondering now if it's the fuel?
    http://dads-toy.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Powermaster Fuel

Did you change the plug first?

Whenever "all the sudden" it's not running well,, I like to put a new plug in before I mess with the neddles to much
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree -- check the plug 1st -- if that is not it and you are running with a force .26 it sounds like the normal progression for that engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did check the plug and it looks good. The engine has good compression but can it still be wearing out? I'm thinking of seeing if my HPI k4.6 engine will fit in this buggy.
    http://dads-toy.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is this a Force .26 engine? They just seem to start having a lot of tuning problems (some sooner than others). I have seen where the needles move on them while running, or the carbs develope air leaks - the problems just go on and on with that engine. Most either replace the carb with an OS carb or just plain give up and buy a new engine. My daughter and I both run OS RGs now and love that engine.

It is worth a try to see if the other engine will fit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Assuming you have a working plug, and you have good compression try this:

**NOTE: temp. gauge required for the following**

1.) Reset needles to stock settings, including the idle (you may need to lean slightly over stock settings to keep car running)
    2.) Warm car up until chassis gets hot, making sure temps never exceed 250
    3.) Lean HSN to keep temps between 220-250 making sure smoke is visible between low to mid RPMs
    4.) Lean LSN until pinching fuel line near carb causes engine to stall between 3-5 seconds
    5.) Check to make sure low end changes haven't made motor exceed 250, if they have richen HSN
    6.) Adjust idle as high as you can without the clutch engaging (car should not move).
    7.) Re-check above any time outside weather changes significantly, or at the beginning of a day of driving
    \". . . the same thing we do every night Pinky, try and take over the world.\" -- Brain