Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dream Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Big-ED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dream Setup

You know me dave, thats my backup for hard times or when I can handle the power.
ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

Engine: rb concepts s7II is what Im running now I have a ws7x3 in the box(just too much power for me right now)
How much do you want for it?!?! . I've been looking into getting one over the off season.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
ttr_dude

ORIGINAL: Uberchav Alex

Chassis: SHO

Engine: Samurai 421

Pipe: Hyper tuned pipe

Servos: Hitec 311s all round

Radio: Acoms

Starter Box: Rather have the convenience of a pullstart

Batteries: 4 X AA

Tires: Foams

Body: Shell comes painted

Price: $650 and the sight of me wiping those grins of your smug little faces as it crosses the line first would be PRICELESS.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:27 PM
kx250ryder

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder
I made a list a while ago for new people to get in on a decent budget, that still had quality components. Here is the reverse, if you got paid to drive your car, what eqiptment would you have (budget need not apply)? Substitute your answers in place of mine (cut, paste).
-Charger
MRC Super Brain 977
This part is just a joke right? I would have at least considered something like Competition Electronics (and a complete AMB-it timing system since one has to race with his friends).

TurboMatcher 4/35
http://www.competitionelectronics.com/TM%20435.html

23 amp power supply
http://www.competitionelectronics.com/pwr%20supply.html
Well actually no. I hadn't considered a matcher for something like a receiver pack. After months of research, that is what I consider to be the best charger hands down for r/c (matchers excluded). I don't want to spew the whole feature list but it can:

- peak charge/discharge two different types of packs at once
- can handle all cell types including: 12V 7AH STARTER BOX BATTERIES, nicd, nimh, li-ion, li-po
- ac/dc
- Under $100 new on e-bay

I challenge you to find another that can do ALL of the above. No one else has been able to do it yet. Because it can do every battery in my setup, which no-one else has yet been able to do, I consider it the best.