Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

I'm done with other stuff!! 1/8 scale buggies are the one for me!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

I'm done with other stuff!! 1/8 scale buggies are the one for me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 04:18 AM
zr1s10
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm done with other stuff!! 1/8 scale buggies are the one for me!!!

I try to bring my tmaxx back to life after dumping 100's into it, and all I get are blown diffs and stripped gears!!! I'm sick of it!! I'm staying with my Hyper 7!!! I can bash all day long and break nothing! [>:] It corners better, accelerates faster, and jumps better!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:40 AM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: I'm done with other stuff!! 1/8 scale buggies are the one for me!!!

I went down the maxx truck road also, what a waste of money. My Savage can bash hard but I do love running my buggies. I almost sold the Savage until I pulled the engine out to use in my Ofna
Old 10-16-2005, 07:56 AM
zr1s10

ORIGINAL: RCDadChicago

I went down the maxx truck road also, what a waste of money. My Savage can bash hard but I do love running my buggies. I almost sold the Savage until I pulled the engine out to use in my Ofna
Hehe glad to know im not alone. I mean you could be like those guys and go with all UE stuff. But then you've spent 1000+ and have sumthing that would be as good as a revo. The maxx was cool but it's clearly outdated and old. [&o]
Old 10-16-2005, 09:22 AM
mayhem272

ya i hear you. i have a jato its good no troubles. except the engines a little u know
Old 10-16-2005, 01:22 PM
tonytiger

man i f istarted this thread it would have turned into a flame war
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 AM
beetleracer69

Hey moto,
That would depend on how well things were "read between the lines". No offence to anyone, Male or Female.

I too am going from 1/8th nitro '(pain in the rear end- wallet drainer - stress maker)' Monster Truck, to 1/8th buggy. I've had nothing but problems with my Mad Force, and it not even a year old. I must have got the lemon. I get one thing fixed, and then something else goes wrong. My wife's just about had enough of it, and she doesn't even drive it.

I'm picking up a second-hand Sacker Pro sometime this month, looking forward to having some decent run time from a nitro. Going to race it when I get back to New Zealand.

Cheer's
Del
Old 10-17-2005, 01:29 PM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

If you guys want a good MT that you don't have to put money into buy a Savage.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:18 PM
tmasboa

I just bought a Ofna Ultra LX Comp. I hope I like it. I think it's a little like a hyper 7 but not as hopped up
Old 10-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Engrose

A good thing on the Comp is to apply locktite where the screws go into metal parts. Especially the setscrews in the drivecups and the wheelhubs. And the screws in the knuckles.

You should also consider to buy a 6V humppack and upgrade the steeringservo. A Futaba s3305 for 38$ will make a big difference.

Apart from that the Comp is a good buggy that can take some hard driving without falling to pieces. I have raced mine all season and all that has broken are two knuckles and an a-arm. And that was due to extreme drivererror. Hitting a metalpost at fullspeed and a woodfence with the front wheel also at full speed
Old 10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
JEXTEL
My Feedback: (1)

I love buggies too thats why its only Savage and lightning 2 next year or my race line up
Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 PM
zr1s10

ORIGINAL: Engrose

A good thing on the Comp is to apply locktite where the screws go into metal parts. Especially the setscrews in the drivecups and the wheelhubs. And the screws in the knuckles.

You should also consider to buy a 6V humppack and upgrade the steeringservo. A Futaba s3305 for 38$ will make a big difference.

Apart from that the Comp is a good buggy that can take some hard driving without falling to pieces. I have raced mine all season and all that has broken are two knuckles and an a-arm. And that was due to extreme drivererror. Hitting a metalpost at fullspeed and a woodfence with the front wheel also at full speed

Definately get a 6v rechargeable pack!! Also I'd go with a servo thats .15 or less for speed and has atleast 130oz of tq.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:53 AM
plaidfish

I love em so much I turned my MT into a truggy so I can have 2 buggies to race...well almost a buggy in one
Old 10-18-2005, 10:50 AM
xrichs

ORIGINAL: madforcer

Hey moto,
That would depend on how well things were "read between the lines". No offence to anyone, Male or Female.

I too am going from 1/8th nitro '(pain in the rear end- wallet drainer - stress maker)' Monster Truck, to 1/8th buggy. I've had nothing but problems with my Mad Force, and it not even a year old. I must have got the lemon. I get one thing fixed, and then something else goes wrong. My wife's just about had enough of it, and she doesn't even drive it.

I'm picking up a second-hand Sacker Pro sometime this month, looking forward to having some decent run time from a nitro. Going to race it when I get back to New Zealand.

Cheer's
Del
hey del, nice to have you here.
it's me megalomanmemble at ultimate thing.
yea, mad force is a joke. it's a money pit.

finally, you bought sacker pro.
how does it handled ?

buggy will give you more fun of racing.
have fun
Old 10-19-2005, 06:56 AM
beetleracer69

Hey man. How goes it?
Yeah it is a money pit, but I like Monster Trucks, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. My decision to sell it is doing my head in. lol I don't want to sell it, but I can't be bother with it at the moment. Like all R/C owners, I like to have something to do in my spare time. On the other hand, I am getting sick of spending money on it.

Haven't got the Sacker yet, waiting for some money to come from my old job. If it's anything like some of the vids I've seen on the 'net', it should be a ground grub. I'm already looking for places to run it. Lots of land development going on `round my area. I just have to get the Sacker running, it's pull start is broken. I'm hoping it's only the cord that's come away from the pull start unit. It also needs some new tires, but I'm not to worried about those at the moment. I'm not going to race it until I get back to New Zealand, I'll get some then.
Looking forward to having some fun with it.

Cheer's mate
Del
ORIGINAL: xrichs

ORIGINAL: madforcer

Hey moto,

Cheer's
Del
hey del, nice to have you here.
it's me megalomanmemble at ultimate thing.
yea, mad force is a joke. it's a money pit.

finally, you bought sacker pro.
how does it handled ?

buggy will give you more fun of racing.
have fun