Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

~Kyosho mp777... RB7!~

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Hpi_mt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~Kyosho mp777... RB7!~

Here are some pictures I promised you guys about. There aren't really much upgrades besides the engine... I also dyed the wheels and wing black it looks pretty neat.... Tell me what you think. Oh and I'm really tired of my starter box going out on me what are some possible suggestions to get a longer lasting battery. Is there any possible way to make a ac adapter for this. I'm a noob to electric things.
Tell me what you guys think...
I'm sorry about the pictures the digital camera is horrible but my friend gave my brother a new one as soon as I get a special usb cable for it I will update the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97621.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	354946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58273.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	354947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55312.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	354948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv60731.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	354949  
Old 11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: ~Kyosho mp777... RB7!~

Nice buggy someone at our track is running an SP2 with that RB S7 and it seems to be a great motor.

I use a hobbico 12v dry cell battery and it lasts 2 weeks without needing to be charged. I also use a car battery charger that charges and than maintains the battery with a trickle charge untill its ready to be used.

I love my MP777 its an awesome buggy. There are quite a few upgrade that it could use like the SP1 stuff and deffinatly better chassis braces. Very fast buggy though and aside from the universal center drive shafts in mine its bone stock and for this week its #1 around here... oh yeah and #2 is driving the same buggy with a racers edge chassis and towers, with K-factory braces. Hes #1 most of the time though .
Old 11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Hpi_mt2

LOL... I want to drive my buggy so bad I'm only finished with tank 2! I'm suprised that I'm being so patient im the most impatient person I know. Well do you think a 12v lantern battery will work just as fine? I'm pretty sure it wont have as much as speed as the two 7.2v packs do but it will possibly have more torque... I'm scared of opening my engine curse the flat head screws I want to replace them as soon as possible...
Old 11-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Super_Dave

I like the flat head screws there harder to strip out epsecially if over tightened .

So your using those two 7.2v stick packs. What starter box do you have?

As long as its a 12v battery then yeah it will work. You can use a car battery if you want you just need to find a way to hook it up correctly. If you want longer lasting batteries than maybe you can buy some 3000mah ones? I don't know how much better they will be though I'm not an electic kind of person either.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Mxracer45

Awesome mithul

I love the wheels and wing. What did you use to dye them?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 PM
clone3

I love the black. It looks great!!!------Your are doing the right thing by taking your time breaking in the motor---did you seal the backplate/carb?. Another trick that drivers do is heat the motor up with a heat gun(hair dryer works). This makes the motor easier to start and prolongs wear.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
marksm

Black looks the business and you have one the best motors on the market,they last long if you look after them.
Flat head screws are by far the best one just needs the correct scerwdriver and you will never strip them and remember they dont get packet full of dirt like the cap head screws do.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Hpi_mt2

Yeh I've sealed all my engines I will seal my RB up when im bored I've only had time to do two tanks... I'll get some pics of the sleeve and piston.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Hpi_mt2

Mx... I used RIT dye for clothes just get really hot water and stir the dye in with it and let the parts sit into the dye.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Hpi_mt2

YES!!! I'm supposed to be getting my dirt tommorow so I can make a track...Anyways I'm asking you guys for advice... Well I dont want to be building the track on grass well I am but I just want to know how I can prevent the grass popping out from underneath the dirt I know I can get like grass killer but I think it will come back anyways. So I'm thinking about digging up the grass untill the roots are out its going to be hard work but somebody's gotta do it. Well like I said i'm going to hopefully dig up all the grass and then fill it in and hopefully build it that way. Heres a Extremely rought sketch I did on Paint.

Tell me what you guys think, and oh yeh I will be adding more jumps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79470.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	357079