Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Himoto????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:01 PM
mbe301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Himoto????

I have the torpeda with the .28, and a crapload of hop-ups, mostly for the mp 7.5. Also have the "hi-speed" brand .21 truck version. Not one problem with the buggy, no probelms or breaks so far (but also swapped out alot of parts for upgraded mp7.5 parts). The truck is a different story, breaks when I think about using it. The .21 engine has been a nightmare - carb leaks every where possible. Last run out, the battery disconnected from my rx after a jump... hit a wall going wot (after crossing the feild and a parking lot) but only busted an a-arm and fuel post (on their way)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
zaintlouis

If you have leaks on you carb, like what i experience with mine, just change the silicon O-ring seals then it will do better.
If u have read or check the whole pages of the Redcat thread before running your truck you could have save a lot of money. or that last disastrous experience with ur truck won't happen. If you have used the 4 cell battery case without strapping it with rubber bands, mostlikey your batts would come off on big jumps and make it out of control. when i was still using the 4 cell receiver battery case i placed sponge or foam inside the case so the batteries wont dance around inside the receiver case then strap the batteries with rubberbands. But everybody has their first times
Old 06-03-2007, 03:41 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

I will put a ofna in a buggy or truggy anyday before a sts engine, Tell us how many major race's the sts engines have won?????
First STS have not been exported to other courtiers very long but if you look some of the bigger races in Asian countries they have won a good many races! I know STS has put me in 7th place in the Georgia Champion ship Series in my class and I have only been racing for about 5 months. I will say a repressive of Himoto down out right lie to me so I will never buy a thing with their name on it!
[:@]
Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

I will put a ofna in a buggy or truggy anyday before a sts engine, Tell us how many major race's the sts engines have won?????

Here is a quiz for you... how long have STS engines been distributed here in america? its a low single digit number.

Put this to consideration... I get 50% off on Novarossi engines, but I still choose STS.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Nik.

so?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
mozzzy_2000

First STS have not been exported to other courtiers very long but if you look some of the bigger races in Asian countries they have won a good many races! I know STS has put me in 7th place in the Georgia Champion ship Series in my class and I have only been racing for about 5 months. I will say a repressive of Himoto down out right lie to me so I will never buy a thing with their name on it!
Likewise dude; Himoto is a still a very new asian company and hence hasn;t made many inroads in the marketplace yet. Having said that though if you bother to also look at some recent results in top level Asian events, Himoto has been placed on the podium on more than one ocassion. I would rate himoto on par with other Asian brands such as STS and Go! engines.
All this brand bickering, dissing and snobbery is getting so boring it turns me right off coming to this forum at times. It makes you look so immature picking on a brand like himoto because if you had any brains you'ld realise that himoto is just a brand and they do not make their own buggies. Redcat are the same and they have the EXACT same range of vehicles only under a different brand. Redcat has a massive forum of its own accord and there are hundreds of happy customers posting on there daily. I suggest you come on in to the Redcat forum and try throwing around accusations of lies etc to them like you do with Himoto and lets see how you get on ey?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Kemo

you can easily go on there and insult their cars. You can simply ask to speak with the staff... I have numerous amounts of emails I have sent to the company that have YET to be answered.

Redcat is a horribly ran company, and Darin has no clue how to run it. Their employee's don't last long there, and the reason is Darin . Not one of my complaints have been answered by them.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mozzzy_2000

Likewise dude; Himoto is a still a very new asian company and hence hasn;t made many inroads in the marketplace yet. Having said that though if you bother to also look at some recent results in top level Asian events, Himoto has been placed on the podium on more than one ocassion. I would rate himoto on par with other Asian brands such as STS and Go! engines.
All this brand bickering, dissing and snobbery is getting so god dam boring it turns me right off coming to this forum at times. It makes you look so immature picking on a brand like himoto because if you had any brains you'ld realise that himoto is just a brand and they do not make their own buggies. Redcat are the same and they have the EXACT same range of vehicles only under a different brand. Redcat has a massive forum of its own accord and there are hundreds of happy customers posting on there daily. I suggest you come on in to the Redcat forum and try throwing around accusations of lies etc to them like you do with Himoto and lets see how you get on ey?
Dude you need to know how to read and comprehend! I never said anything bad about Himoto other then a rep for them down out right lied to me. You are the one that needs to grow up or start blocking post. Get real as every one has the right to their opinion! No one makes you come here!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM
zaintlouis

I will say a repressive of Himoto down out right lie to me so I will never buy a thing with their name on it!
If the word "repressive" is a person or noun I think what you meant was.. a representative of himoto made a big lie on you? So you will never buy anything under the representatives name on the himoto or you will never buy anything under HIMOTO name because of the Himoto representatives lies?

If the word "repressive" is an adjective then that statement would kinda be confusing. i think the word repressive means - being restrictive of action or strict or you might mean Himoto is repressive?

You can't blame Mozzy for what he said! You don't own this thread either so you can't keep him out of this place. so the best is let's forget about the whole thing and get back down to business and cut the bu__ about defaming himoto. Himoto is doing a lot specially for those who are budget constraint individuals who dreamed of having their hands to drive buggies, cars, truck etc. not all people are rich and can afford to buy those expensive high quality brands so what i mean is because of Himoto many people, kids were able to get their hands on this wonderful invention and become happy! Anyway, i'm gonna have my .21 Modified Axe Rossi Cobra on my Redcat instead on my 777 (see my gallery). coz i'm really proud of em.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Aussiepower

I definitely do not agree with your comments !

I have 2 Bazooka buggies and found them to be extremely tough, easy to tune, easy to get any part I want and they drive extremely well when you consider the cost. I do recommend a couple of simple changes to improve steering confidence and overall control reliability which goes for any brand of RC car !. I refer to fitting a 15kg steering servo and the use of a Spektrum radio system which makes a huge difference to the car.

The car is extremely tough, I have hit some very unmovable things like the house (cement foundation) concrete wall in the driveway and other objects at quite high speeds with no damage at all. I believe the front hubs are a big improvement on the KYOSHO's sloppy front end system and find it is much stronger ! (that is coming from a mechanic with real race car experience and knowledge).

As for claims of 80 MPH get it right guys, the claim is 80KPH and I can tell you both my bazooka's definitely do that 80KPH(measured with my own RADAR GUN !.