Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

jammin x1cr fantastic or bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:23 PM
vspecboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jammin x1cr fantastic or bad

hi guys,im looking very closely at the jammin x1cr what i wanted to know was
is this a strong car.does it perform at the same level as kyosho mp777 sp1,2
and the mugen mbx5 prospec.i already have a hyper 7 but i want some thing that will allow
me to drive harder and faster.the x1cr comes with graphite top plate,diff plate and servo tray does it not.
also for the guy that have this car how is it holding up for u.are there any spares i should have in my box.
i already have a os v-spec and jp1 that are in my hyper 7 that can go in it.the only reason that i do
want a kyosho and a mugen is they are a bit too pricey.

cheers guys
Old 12-19-2005, 09:35 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

Default RE: jammin x1cr fantastic or bad

i drive a mugen, and i race against lots of jammins. They are very competetive. If you cant win with one its you not the car. See what people say about wear and tear on them though.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:11 PM
vspecboy

that is the only thing stopping me from asking for one
for my bday guy are they tough?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:53 PM
R/C biy

yes very strong, my friend races his every weekend and sometimes he takes some pretty hard hits and it just keeps on going like a energizer bunny !!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:04 PM
dicko

hey andrew, check out ultra hobbies in QLD, they have a deal on them at the moment aswell as the Vspec. i'll still beat you with the mugen & the P5 (13 tooth). the X1CR would be my next choice after the mugen, you can get parts here from mailorder in the eastern states too. not a bad buy. can't believe your getting rid of the hyper allready, (give it to grant).
Old 12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
vspecboy

jason im not gonna get rid of it im looking around at kits for my bday next year [august] basically im gathering info on my options
i have spare time why not .plus by next year my hyper will be 2 and all the drivetrain will be buggerd
i just wanted to know how strong the car was and if it went well.the mugens a bit expensive
for me [probably should get a job].if it strong enough i will definately ask for it.
beat me you wish not with me v-spec it hauls
thanks for the answers guys keep em coming
also how does it go against mugens and kyoshos
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Mobo

Fantastic. I have had mine for over, say, 6 months and haven't broke a single thing. I haven't babied it either, its taken some very hard hits and tumbles. You will be very happy with one if you should decide to request one for your birthday. My v-spec runs like clockwork and i've heard that the v-spec with the jp-1 or 2-im not quite sure, whatever the top-end pipe is- will suit just about any abuse you throw its way. You will be very happy with it, just use the blue lock-tight on EVERYTHING, even the wheel nuts.

-M.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:46 PM
vspecboy

checked out ultra hobbies $899 au for the x1
i can get it from tower for $666 au much cheaper!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:50 PM
dicko

you'll get slugged import duty, gst & customs inspection on top, trust me it happened to my order. anything over a certain dollar value gets inspected. it works out about 40 dollars cheaper to get it local & it's much quicker.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:57 PM
dicko

the one at ultra has a whole heap of extras the tower one doesn't have too. compare what you get with the two.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 AM
vspecboy

well theres no harm in asking dad exept a dead arm lol
i have some gear to sell aswell jason if ya know any one who
wants it.

eak jaguar 13x2 used for 4 packs
:duratrax speed control no reverse 12t limit

i dont know what its worth so whatever you reckon is a good deal
Old 12-20-2005, 03:18 AM
dicko

check onthe for sale posts on this & other forums & see what they & similar items are going for. that will give you an idea. the forum with the MV track thread on it has a good for sale thread too.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:48 AM
thopper

The Jammin is VERY tough. I have beat mine like a red headed buck tooth step child and it keeps comein back for more!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:10 PM
kx250ryder

While its likely you won't find anyone here complaining about the Jammin, I have to ask, what is wrong with the Hyper? It is an extremely capable kit by its own right. Are you just bored of it, or is there some specific handling trait it has that bothers you? Because any kit can easily be a winner if set up properly.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:19 PM
vspecboy

well the hyper 7 is just getting old and i love building kits the jammin looks like an awesome car and is pretty cheap.the only thing i know is hyper 7 and i would like to get a better car.one that handles better.the hyper 7 is too heavy and it does not drive the way i want it to.in this forum i have read about heaps of people upgrading from the hyper to mugens,xrays,kyoshos and jammins and every one reckon that they are much nicer to drive and they drive harder and they are lighter.the hyper 7 is a great car dont get me wrong it is so strong its not funny but absolutly every one at our track runs a hyper 7 and i want to be different.so basically i love building kits,want a lighter faster car,1 that handles alot better,and a car that isnt to expensive.the jammin looks to be the perfect candidate. and will definately be my new race kit for late next year.

are there any spares i should carry
Old 12-21-2005, 01:06 PM
mosavage

yea dude, my jammkn took a beating yesterday. This was my first time driving a buggy on a track. Only thing that happend was part of the body is ripped offf
Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 AM
pdq 5oh

My Jammin is still running with no broken parts, and I have trouble with a big triple locally. I don't see durability as an issue. As to being competitive, there are a few Jammins here that are always a threat, or winning.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:10 AM
xrichs

X1-CR is my favourite buggy.

i don;t like mugen or kyosho
Old 12-23-2005, 06:18 PM
vspecboy

cool i will definately be getting the jammin x1cr factory team for my car next season

thanks for everyone for their help it was much appreiciated
Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 PM
bigrob21

i think i can hlep you a good bit here. i recentely bought a jammin x1cr pro. as a upgrade for my hyper7 pro. All i can tell you is get ride of the hyper7 and go for the jammin! you will not regret it!! soo much more steering, stability and all arround preformance! its insane how much better it is. it is also a very strong and compeditive buggy! i recentley got to drive it for the 1st time this past wensday night aginst mugens, xrays and kyoshos and i was handeling my own with a car i had never driven b4. while the other race their cars every week. hope this will help in your decision
Old 12-24-2005, 09:11 PM
PantherDesigns

I just recently purchased a Factory Team X1-CR and wondered what parts I need to order to have on hand for backups? No local hobby shop stocks parts for the Jammin around here and I wanted to get a decent surplus before race season gets here. Thanks!

-Seann
Old 12-24-2005, 09:42 PM
tonytiger

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

While its likely you won't find anyone here complaining about the Jammin, I have to ask, what is wrong with the Hyper? It is an extremely capable kit by its own right. Are you just bored of it, or is there some specific handling trait it has that bothers you? Because any kit can easily be a winner if set up properly.
the hyper and the jammin are not even in the same class...dont get me wrong the hyper is a hell of a car...but not for the serious racer....